Gp32X Is Not Good Enough

I have to apologize, I'm not really sure what you mean by "in your waterway" with regard to craig and me.

I think Craig often uses your threads/posts to make some trouble. This is in principle not your problem/fault. Perhaps it's only coincidence. But I thought you know that the possibility is high that he shows up, when you make a controversially post in the GPH section.
Yeah, I know you only wanted some source code. But as we all know this forum is a powder keg sometimes. So sometimes it's better not to post even if you think it's your right to do so. Sometimes a PN or E-Mail is the better way. I don't know if you understand what I want to say...

Nah, I think you're being very clear now.

I'm not really sure any more if I should have made the post or not (or made it and worded it differently). I thought about contacting him beforehand but pretty deliberately decided to make a post since it seemed like it'd have a better effect. But I didn't reason "this is my right and I don't care who doesn't like it" or anything like that. I honestly didn't think it'd be a big deal and I didn't think anyone would take it badly.

I dunno.. can't really take it back now though.

Honestly I think that was the only time craig used a thread of mine specifically to cause problems (but I don't start very many threads)

I honestly didn't think it'd be a big deal and I didn't think anyone would take it badly.

Ok, no problem. Fair enough. Perhaps I tend to over-thinking. But better stop now and go back to topic. Shall we?

One of the things I'm slightly annoyed about is that the IP software for the new forums is more full-featured and updated.
I'd love the mobile theme for this site too, please.

quote said:
One of the things I'm slightly annoyed about is that the IP software for the new forums is more full-featured and updated.
I'd love the mobile theme for this site too, please.
Yeah that was bugging me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too, but as hando owns the board software, I cannot update it :(

Though I think the mobile version is here, too, just not enabled.

But that "link the thread on twitter"-thing is nice :)

i think people are a little bit "small picture" with regards to the whole Open Pandora/Craig vs GP32X argument.

its great that the project started here and is a part of all this but in any companies time there has to be a stage where you have an official line of support and discussion about the device that isn't somewhere essentially divided by numerous competing consoles. nintendo do not share forums with sony or xbox, on an official level. in any normal situation where a new device had been made this would all start the other way round with an official forum and then sections in interested forums.

its a really naive attitude to have if people think this is about being King of the Consoles or Ruler Over the Forums. where is the benefit in that? i am sure that everyone on the OP team have better things to do than trying to take over GPH and push down the wiz, canoo and dingoo. i dont think it will fragment the community in any significant way. the enthusiasts and technical people will stay here and show their talents as per usual and the people with little knowledge or interest in anything other than the pandora will go elsewhere. are people who focus on all the other sections really going to be upset to lose all the drama and pretty unproductive jabber that goes on from people in a particularly non community encompassing way?

this place will thrive so long as there are developers and enthusiastic people who want to use any open handheld. the pandora will live or die by its own sword and it will get its competitors and its successors and it'll do its own thing. also i figure this place will ease up on any drama from the team if there is somewhere else with an official line on exactly what the deal is with the pandora and they would be well within their rights to make sure that unreasonable and unproductive threads were moderated whereas here should always be a forum entitled to free speech and opinion.

EvilDragon said:
Me too, but as hando owns the board software, I cannot update it :(
I'm not too impressed with the board SOFTWARE
Maybe it's winblows-centric
Using slax/konqueror the SHOW button does not work
It can be hi-lited and 'pushed', but nothing happens

dave

RenegadeChic said:
i think people are a little bit "small picture" with regards to the whole Open Pandora/Craig vs GP32X argument.

its great that the project started here and is a part of all this but in any companies time there has to be a stage where you have an official line of support and discussion about the device that isn't somewhere essentially divided by numerous competing consoles. nintendo do not share forums with sony or xbox, on an official level. in any normal situation where a new device had been made this would all start the other way round with an official forum and then sections in interested forums.

its a really naive attitude to have if people think this is about being King of the Consoles or Ruler Over the Forums. where is the benefit in that? i am sure that everyone on the OP team have better things to do than trying to take over GPH and push down the wiz, canoo and dingoo. i dont think it will fragment the community in any significant way. the enthusiasts and technical people will stay here and show their talents as per usual and the people with little knowledge or interest in anything other than the pandora will go elsewhere. are people who focus on all the other sections really going to be upset to lose all the drama and pretty unproductive jabber that goes on from people in a particularly non community encompassing way?

this place will thrive so long as there are developers and enthusiastic people who want to use any open handheld. the pandora will live or die by its own sword and it will get its competitors and its successors and it'll do its own thing. also i figure this place will ease up on any drama from the team if there is somewhere else with an official line on exactly what the deal is with the pandora and they would be well within their rights to make sure that unreasonable and unproductive threads were moderated whereas here should always be a forum entitled to free speech and opinion.
My impression exactly. There needs to be an official OpenPandora Ltd. forum that reflects official company policy. GP32X is a great forum but it doesn't fit that picture. That's also, as far as I can tell, one reason why Craig tends to get into fights here: The forum's way is not his way but it needs to be his way in order to be a workable representation of his company.

The Pandora is a community-rooted device, yes, but there's a difference between acknowledging and participating in the community on the one side and forfeiting your own company's presence in favor of that community on the other side. Most sensibly, GP32X will remain as the forum where the interesting stuff happens while the OpenPandora forum will be the forum where official business is conducted. Yes, it's an annoying divide but the only other option would be to completely drop the Pandora section in this forum and just hope that everyone migrates over.

EvilDragon said:
Yes, as said, maybe it IS the correct decision.
Maybe not. I guess time will tell. The users will be where they feel home.

The last sentence is the best description of the situation.

I don't worry to much for the split. If the split is useless, it means that almost nobody will go in the new forum. If a lot of people go to the new forum, it means that the new forum is needed.

Everybody who is happy with gp32x should just ignore the new forum.

That's my 2cents.

[/quote]
Using slax/konqueror the SHOW button does not work
It can be hi-lited and 'pushed', but nothing happens

dave
[/quote]

BTW the SHOW button works properly on the new board

dave

diegor said:
I don't worry to much for the split. If the split is useless, it means that almost nobody will go in the new forum. If a lot of people go to the new forum, it means that the new forum is needed.

Everybody who is happy with gp32x should just ignore the new forum.

That's my 2cents.

Totally agree, but I doubt a lot of people will go to the new forum initially. Even with the immense issues this forum previously had (often slow or not available) people went to www.gp32x.de instead of the openpandora alternative.
This is "home".

I don't see a reason to change if the Pandora forums are still present here. I like the diversity of the devices and people here, and they all share the more open devices. The combination (open)Pandora and icontrolpad are really opposite sides though. Combining iphone fanboys with open source enthusiasts (you might see where my loyalty lies ;) ) will need a lot of moderation I am afraid.

Now I think of it... I might join the new forum just to introduce myself and show my new t-shirt

Tshirt-Android-VS-Apple-500x500.png

There is no doubt. Now he (craigx) has what he wants: a forum for his personal shop.
A new kingdom where he will be the king.

Once upon a time, two forums performed DDOS attacks on each other.

Then they realized they were on the same server.

Mali, please unban quasist! I enjoyed his mindless trolling :) It was good fun. (remember pissdora? :)

And exophase, I might be a 'bit' biased on the GPH side, but like with some others I think it's the reaction to the 'underdog' situation (for attention at least) where you end up defending the one losing. And to be honest, for some reason lately I've really enjoyed machine based fanboy wars. I know this is a strange opinion, but there's something nice and heartwarming to picking a side and mocking the Other. Might be my partisan nature. Also, I'm not entirely stupid, it's license (GPL etc) first, any other loyalty is mostly for laughs or surrounding culture.

As for the forums and the forum software in particular, there were some people suggesting jabber/gaming account integration etc, and since the board software here is locked to Hando, it's going to be a lot easier to be creative with a new forum. I'd certainly like to see the benefits like that spread over all handhelds, but maybe that'll happen over time with open pandora forging the way and the rest picking things up later. And I agree with ED that separate support forums are probably a sound business choice, at least if it doesn't alienate developers.

Aye, if craig get's creative and manages to integrate the new forum in a nice package with account-integration to the appstore, gaming-servers and instant-messaging, chances would raise the new forum would get accepted. But then again, I doubt one person alone can handle such a thing.

klikklak said:
Mali, please unban quasist! I enjoyed his mindless trolling :) It was good fun. (remember pissdora? :)
Already done a while ago ;)
He won't be notified about it though. PV is also free again :)

Back