GP64

Safety

Still Fresh
I remember seeing somewhere that GamePark are going to make a GP64, what would everybody like to see different?

Im sure theyve already just about sorted out the hardware, but we could suggest to them some ideas. Hey, the only way were going to get what we want is by telling them.

More buttons is my main hope, four paddles on the top instead of two, and four buttons on the from would be sweet aswell.

Also a wider usb port would be nice, something a bit more chunky.

Just ideas, Post what you think.

don't care, the GP32 is a huge vat of untapped potential as it is right now - it could go so far with the right interest+support if given the chance (it's getting there bit by bit!) so I prefer to invest my imagination in that..

not too far down the road we'll see super-systems capabe of running all the things we want NOW (all 8-bit and 16-bit systems emulated flawlessly) and then take it for granted as we yearn for PSone and Dreamcast ISO emulation.. the vicious cycle never ends!

but I know, this is a "wish" thread so I'll indulge you. sure, a couple more buttons would be nice, true backlighting (with appropriate battery efficency) and something larger than 128Mb SMC support. RF should be internal and likewise replace the need to hook up ot your PC for file transfer. Also wireless internet browser and true DIvx support (no re-encoding + chopping up of files) would seal the deal - not to mention a processor that could effortlessly handle the current PC build of Mame without heavy battery requirements.

(I give it 5 yrs., without cost prohibition -- at least!)

Yes they do, ive seen something about a GP64 being made.

Its only a bit of fun anyway,

Another thing id like to see change is the control stick not to sound like a room of typewriters when i play streetfighter.

Why are you grumpy in your picture?

If anybody knows the name of a processor that is fast enough to what this guy is talking about, without melting plastic.

Nice models on your site, you should email some game companies and such.

What bigger memorycard formats are there?

Something thats not going to cost too much

Iv read that holographic pods should be made by next year (maybe not commercially available though), so maybe that could be the memory in the future. 1cd sized disk can hold up 2 1 terrabyte of information (1000 gb) and it should be capable to write at speeds of up to 6gbit/s. well it is a wishes thread....

Safety posted on Sep 1 2003 said:
I remember seeing somewhere that GamePark are going to make a GP64, what would everybody like to see different?

Im sure theyve already just about sorted out the hardware, but we could suggest to them some ideas. Hey, the only way were going to get what we want is by telling them.

More buttons is my main hope, four paddles on the top instead of two, and four buttons on the from would be sweet aswell.

Also a wider usb port would be nice, something a bit more chunky.

Just ideas, Post what you think.
Check out this not-so-recent thread covering gp64 wish list items.....

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...topic=1526&st=0

I'm still unsure about the light gun, 3d glasses.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody knows the name of a processor that is fast enough to what this guy is talking about, without melting plastic.

Samsung have just released the follow up to the gp's processor it runs at 533 and is fully backwards compatible. Which is nice. So in theory there is a processor of use to a *theoretical* GP64 project.

so that chip wont melt its way through the plastic?

That would run Playstation 1 games, Right?

On a completely unrelated topic, the RF things, can you play doom multiplayer?

khephren posted on Sep 1 2003 said:

Samsung have just released the follow up to the gp's processor it runs at 533 and is fully backwards compatible. Which is nice. So in theory there is a processor of use to a *theoretical* GP64 project.
Will the new processor fit in the old GP's processor place? :D

Back