GP32 Gp_initframebufferbp

They are all documented in MOTOROLA M68000 FAMILY Programmer’s Reference Manual. However this is not completely accurate, so it probably best to take another m68k core and look at the source of that.

Reesy posted on Dec 30 2004 at 05:07 PM said:
Speaking of Cyclone bugs, I squashed a couple today. One was where the sbcd opcode was not decimal correcting correctly. The another was in the addx and subx opcodes where they were not setting the Z flag correctly. The time in streets of rage now works, the totalling of scores will probably work to but I can't be asked to get to the end of the level just yet :)

Cool! I knew another set of eyes would see the problems with bcd! Does fixing the addx and subx fix the 'lean' of the bike in Road Rash? I was wondering about that one for a while...

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I don't get any sprites in Road Rash, but Road Rash 2 works fine and the sprites now lean in the correct direction.

Here's what I've changed currently in Cyclone

+ Fixed btst opcode, The bit to test should shifted a max of 31 or 8 depending on if a register or memory location is being tested.
+ Fixed abcd,sbcd. They now decimal correct correctly
+ Fixed addx,subx, they should not set Zflag if result is zero.
They only clear the Zflag is the result is not negative.
+ Fixed rol opcodes, they were not setting flags correctly
+ Fixed asl/asr/rol/ror opcodes, X flag should not be updated when shift count is 0

When I've finished I'll send you the source.

Reesy

You're the man Reesy. :)

Do these fixed problem increase the compatibility or "just" fix the totally of scores? :)

Thanks fdave and Reesy again for your job. ;)

Compatiblity has not increased, just the scores and other little things in games that already worked.

Some games who do not work:

Donald Duck starring Maui Mallard
Zool (just crap anyway...)
Shining Force 1 & 2

Keep up the great work fdave and Reesy :) (DrMD and Gigadrive rlz)!

For some reason I don't get any sprites in Road Rash, but Road Rash 2 works fine and the sprites now lean in the correct direction.

Here's what I've changed currently in Cyclone

+ Fixed btst opcode, The bit to test should shifted a max of 31 or 8 depending on if a register or memory location is being tested.
+ Fixed abcd,sbcd. They now decimal correct correctly
+ Fixed addx,subx, they should not set Zflag if result is zero.
They only clear the Zflag is the result is not negative.
+ Fixed rol opcodes, they were not setting flags correctly
+ Fixed asl/asr/rol/ror opcodes, X flag should not be updated when shift count is 0

When I've finished I'll send you the source.

Reesy
Cool, by the way the sprites in Road Rash, if you aren't getting any in Truxton or Hellfire either, it might be because of reading 10 bits for x and y sprite positions(&0x3ff) instead of 9 bits (&0x1ff)

I had that briefly in PicoDrive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, Brilliant!. The sprites are now back in Road Rash. Thanks for the heads up.

Reesy posted on Dec 30 2004 at 08:15 AM said:
AFAIK the bios version is held at 0x00001014.
For the old LCD's the value is 0x01030507
For the new LCD's the value is 0x01030606

So, has anyone tried that yet?
Because Aquafish's Multifirmware is now out for the BLU+, we could check if the values are still the same regardless what BIOS you use :)

Last edited:
Back