GPDoom V9 Final

Try it full screen (you have to goto the in game menu), pretty cool.

Also you can go upto 166mhz if your gp32 does that

-Craig

www.gbax.com

It's great and I'm not being ungreatful but it still has a few bugs. Firstly I can't get any external WAD I have tried to work yet. I can get to their menus but thats about it. Also I find that whenever I pick up a new weapon in doom 2 whilst in fullscreen it resets my GP32, don't know if anyone else has had these problems but I shouldn't complain this is one of the greatest things to hit the GP32.

this is very cool indeed, I love the full screen mode, plus its nice the way you can have it start like doom on pc does with the title screen , though its weird how the title pic doesn't fill the whole screen like the intermission screen doesn't either, had my fingers crossed for configurable buttons, perhaps next release eh ;)

this rocks on a mighty scale, I was wondering if john mccormack has seen this and what his thoughts are/would be

Great work Craigx!

Are you still going to be updating this? I would just like to request a few tiny bugfixes like adjusting the size of the title menus etc.

Awesome work. One questions though Craig, this version seems faster than your last release, did you optimize some code?

As for the cheating issue, I would normally not use cheats, but since this is a classic and most people probably played through it already, maybe it would be cool to have the cheats. I know I wouldn't mind just running and gunning with all weapons adn God mode!

Great work!!! :lol:

Wow! It looks great! But you still can't see all of your hand when you out the screen size to max, but it's not a big deal.

>> But you still can't see all of your hand when you out the screen size to max,
>>but it's not a big deal.

Yes you can, the weapons are all perfect in full screen mode, in fact in V10 i'd say full screen will be the default, it looks so much nicer.

And yeah it is quite a bit faster as its compiled under the newer GCC and also its stable in -o3 again.

Do any levels slow down now? It seems perfect.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

One tiny prob for me.. this Simpsons mod doesnt seem to run for long in Doom V9, within the first minute of gameplay it freezes (and the word "Loading..." appears at the bottom corner and stays there). However it does work fine for Doom vX (Test version between v8 and v9), but I dun want two seprate Doom programs for all my wads.. <_<

Other than that everything's pretty much perfect, great work :)

craigix posted on Aug 30 2003 said:
>> But you still can't see all of your hand when you out the screen size to max,
>>but it's not a big deal.

Yes you can, the weapons are all perfect in full screen mode, in fact in V10 i'd say full screen will be the default, it looks so much nicer.

And yeah it is quite a bit faster as its compiled under the newer GCC and also its stable in -o3 again.

Do any levels slow down now? It seems perfect.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
Craig, fantastic job on this Doom port. :)

I've been testing v9 final quite intensively and with the default settings - CPU @ 133mhz & sound enabled, it seems to run slightly faster than previous versions seems around 55 to 60fps.

However, there is still a little bit of slowdown on levels with big open areas, especially on Doom II, first episode level 3. Can Doom still be optimized to run at a constant 60fps @ 133mhz & sound enabled, or would this be impossible at that clock speed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back