Gpe Or Qtopia On An F200 Done Yet?

letsridebmx104

Still Fresh
^^ I was wondering if anybody had gpe or qtopia on a gp2x f200? how would I go about doing that? Thanks
zdATK

as I just stated in your other post (=P) GPE works very slowly, looks ugly and has no touchscreen support =(

didn't try qtopia though

since the GP2X has no time-retaining feature (add a long boot up time for the F200), PIMs are less interesting =(

I'd love to have a decent one though, cuz I can never remember where I'm supposed to be o_O

this should be fairly easy to code though, I guess

xcen said:
as I just stated in your other post (=P) GPE works very slowly, looks ugly and has no touchscreen support =(

didn't try qtopia though
since the GP2X has no time-retaining feature (add a long boot up time for the F200), PIMs are less interesting =(

I'd love to have a decent one though, cuz I can never remember where I'm supposed to be o_O

this should be fairly easy to code though, I guess

Im going to try and work on it... with the ext2/3 file system :) for PIM :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hrmmm. I've used both qtopia and gpe on my f200, I've browsed the web on both, and i prefer gpe. It is faster, once loaded, than qtopia is. Qtopia has issues with my usb keyboard, i think because it doesn't have usb keyboard support, but it crashes the second I press a key. I like dillo, it's a good browser, it loads quickly, and it can view most pages that opera can. I'm not really sure why I keep seeing comments about how slow gpe is compared to qtopia, for me it is the exact opposite situation, where qtopia is quite slow and is at times completely unresponsive. Keep in mind that this is without even using the faster method of using an ext2 formatted sd card for gpe. I love gpe, it's got tons of apps, and it supports my keyboard, so i don't have to type via mouse clicks on a virtual keyboard like in qtopia. I suggest gpe over qtopia for anyone trying to get setup with a nice little work environment for their gp2x.

Um, and... has GPE some virtual keybord as Qtopia or not?

and.. about the main thing in the topic.... is there any touch support on GPE or Qtopia, i treid both, and seems like not >-<, iIs it gonna be? it can be nice, coz, a virtual keyboard with touchscreen is not so much baggage ;)

I wish, there will b some touchscrren release in at least one of the 2 environments.

Well, Heres the thing, The orginal Porter, Stopped all work on the project, His code is somewhere around, If you are really interested I can look into it, TMK, I think it only needs to be re-ported to work with touchscreen.

For me, for some reason (I think it has something to do with my 4gb card completely full), Qtopia takes ages to load and start up. Gpe actually is faster B) . I haven't tried the web browsers. They do not have touch screen support afaik.

Btw did you know that links2x supports the touchscreen? It doesn't say it does and is a little buggy but IT WORKS!!! :lol:

I haven't tried GPE, but I like Qtopia. I can't image how awesome it would be with touchscreen support. :p

I have Links2X, but I don't like it since it doesn't really display CSS(I make a real big deal about that for some reason).

narmak said:
hrmmm. I've used both qtopia and gpe on my f200, I've browsed the web on both, and i prefer gpe. It is faster, once loaded, than qtopia is. Qtopia has issues with my usb keyboard, i think because it doesn't have usb keyboard support, but it crashes the second I press a key. I like dillo, it's a good browser, it loads quickly, and it can view most pages that opera can. I'm not really sure why I keep seeing comments about how slow gpe is compared to qtopia, for me it is the exact opposite situation, where qtopia is quite slow and is at times completely unresponsive. Keep in mind that this is without even using the faster method of using an ext2 formatted sd card for gpe. I love gpe, it's got tons of apps, and it supports my keyboard, so i don't have to type via mouse clicks on a virtual keyboard like in qtopia. I suggest gpe over qtopia for anyone trying to get setup with a nice little work environment for their gp2x.
Not related to really to touch-screens, keyboards or mice but how do you get your gp2x on the internet because i would like to do that and i am considering buying a cradle so i can set up a little :gp2x environment. I have wireless internet at home so i can use that, I have only just got my gp2x F200 and i am new to the whole thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back