Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
:lol: I'm really enjoying my GP2X again now it has a DPAD... (I should be devving... but yeah I want to just play for a while... sue me :p)

Anyway only problem I have run into is using GPFCE... how on earth do you save and load states when there's no push button? :huh:

Hmmm maybe... I can code but I'm scared of emulator code :lol:
I'm also not so hot with the compiler since what I'm taught at university compiles rather easily in visual studio. With that being said I'll bite the bullet and have a look at the source tomorrow after uni... I don't see how changing key combos will be a problem but compiling it after might be. We'll see.

EvilDragon did the mod for me as advertised on his shop :) Just click on the banner above there. It came to €46.99 for the DPAD mod kit, installation and shipping my GP2X back to me... it was also around £2.50 or something to send the GP2X out there.

EDIT: OK, I looked at the official GPFCE site and also in the archive... and all I can see is a source code diff... and I have no clue what to do with that :huh:

purple_goat posted on Feb 7 2007 at 05:59 PM said:
how much total?

:lol: .. well,

It came to €46.99 for the DPAD mod kit, installation and shipping my GP2X back to me... it was also around £2.50 or something to send the GP2X out there.

€46.99 = $61.1509
£2.50 = $4.92531

... so the total in USD is $66.07621 .. but remember, shipping for him was from Germany to the UK .. it would be more to ship to the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 7 2007 at 03:12 PM said:
how much total?

It came to €46.99 for the DPAD mod kit, installation and shipping my GP2X back to me... it was also around £2.50 or something to send the GP2X out there.

€46.99 = $61.1509
£2.50 = $4.92531

... so the total in USD is $66.07621 .. but remember, shipping for him was from Germany to the UK .. it would be more to ship to the U.S.
hmmm your right..

It could take ages to get a working GPFCE source tree. I tried a while back and even spent ages tracking down the precise version the patch was supposedly based off and it still didn't apply cleanly.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 7 2007 at 11:12 PM said:
how much total?

€46.99 = $61.1509
£2.50 = $4.92531

Plus you have to take into account that the USD is in the shitter these days. That makes the pain worse for US users.

He is out of d-pad mods. I know this as I am the one making the kits he sells :p I will have to build more and send to him soon I guess as he needs more badly.

Also you can make a push switch. Basically any momentary on switch can be used and just solder 2 wires to the proper pins. Mounting the button is where it gets more involved.

Orkie posted on Feb 7 2007 at 06:59 PM said:
It could take ages to get a working GPFCE source tree. I tried a while back and even spent ages tracking down the precise version the patch was supposedly based off and it still didn't apply cleanly.
Just out of curiousity, which version was it based off of? It doesn't seem to be listed in the readme.

Orkie posted on Feb 7 2007 at 03:59 PM said:
ouch.. im not getting a DPAD mod just yet :ph34r:

also daveC, can we get some pics of a modded 2x?

Yono posted on Feb 8 2007 at 12:19 AM said:
Just out of curiousity, which version was it based off of? It doesn't seem to be listed in the readme.
'081' from back in 2002. I looked through the patch and noticed the references to the version and the years match up (so it is definitely a 2002 version, I've had to assume 081 because it is mentioned in the patch).

Back