Gphs Www Site

Knew it:

Virus Hacker Attack at the boards!
by EvilDragon @ (22:11) 06 Mar 2006

A lot of you already may have realized this - the gp32x.de boards got hacked and infected by some trojans.

Do NOT go there using Internet Explorer and WinXP SP2, it will destroy your WinXP firewall and install a bunch of Trojans!

It is safe to surf there with FireFox and Opera, just don't accept any files as download if the board will offer you some.

We hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nickmon posted on Mar 6 2006 at 11:41 PM said:
Knew it:

Virus Hacker Attack at the boards!
by EvilDragon @ (22:11) 06 Mar 2006

A lot of you already may have realized this - the gp32x.de boards got hacked and infected by some trojans.

Do NOT go there using Internet Explorer and WinXP SP2, it will destroy your WinXP firewall and install a bunch of Trojans!

It is safe to surf there with FireFox and Opera, just don't accept any files as download if the board will offer you some.

We hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Thats this board.

nickspoon posted on Mar 6 2006 at 05:50 PM said:
Oh noes, someone haxxored my gigahertz!
ROFL

It was probably some of the guys from gizmondo, as they are sad that our system pwns theirs.

I posted this instead of editing my post as its really important:

hax.png

Ok, for any person with administrator access. I too run the invision board software. That bit may be in the Global Forum Layout (One of the main options in the skin). It may also be in the Board View -> Member Bar (Or is it Global View -> Member Bar), or in Board Layout/Global View -> C_Skin_Skeleton Template or something like that. (Sorry, I run 2.1.x now so some of the templates have changed, this is to my best knowledge on how it used to go).

Upgrade to the latest version, so you wont get hacked again. 2.0 Trial was known to have many security flaws, the fixes went up to 2.0.4.

Then they released 2.1, and now they are up to 2.1.4. Please upgrade this site, as I like this community, and I dont want it to be subject to hackers.

Note: Since many people are keen on donating here, it would not be too much to ask for a donation drive to get a yearly licence (Free updates for 1 year) or an Everlasting License (Free Updates forever). Plus 2.1 is much faster, and easier to admin. Hope this post helps, and if one of the mods could let hando read this post, it would be nice.

Rico has already said in the Suggestions subforum the board software is being upgraded, they have a licence already provided by one of our fellow forumites.

edit: here.

PSyMastR posted on Mar 6 2006 at 06:50 PM said:
Oh sw33t! If hando needs any help with setting up anything I know it inside and out.
Hando is running a pretty successful site here man. I doubt he would call upon you for help (although you do know a lot about invision)

Please upgrade this site, as I like this community, and I dont want it to be subject to hackers.

Hando is the only one with admin rights to this site and he hasn't been online in the last days afaik.

Since many people are keen on donating here, it would not be too much to ask for a donation drive to get a yearly licence

Oh yeah, that's why hando once said that nobody ever donated to his site, right? :rolleyes:

Digitalrat posted on Mar 7 2006 at 06:29 PM said:
Please upgrade this site, as I like this community, and I dont want it to be subject to hackers.

Hando is the only one with admin rights to this site and he hasn't been online in the last days afaik.

Since many people are keen on donating here, it would not be too much to ask for a donation drive to get a yearly licence

Oh yeah, that's why hando once said that nobody ever donated to his site, right? :rolleyes:
It's a conspiracy!

Knoxximus posted on Mar 7 2006 at 10:14 PM said:
WHEW! I just took the leap and installed Firefox like 2 days ago......LUCKY!! :D
*robotic female voice*
Welcome to a better internet.
Welcome. To Web 2 point 0.

Back