Gplink And Mounting Gp32 Under Linux

capricorn

Still Fresh
Okay, I give up, someone can tell me what the hell is the mount command I have to issue to mount the GP32 under linux?
It sees it as a USB device, thing that is good and nice, but it is not referred to as a block device, thus I cannot mount it.

help please :( :(

type: "mount /dev/uba1 /mnt/_ur_dir_here"

btw. check dmesg
FYI in my gentoo, that's /dev/sda1. In fact, when you plug you GP32 or any random USB key, the happy penguin uses SCSI emulation to turn it into a easily usable pseudo-hard drive. So you have basically to find where the emulated drive is and to mount its first partition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks, now I have some advancement at last, but now there is another problem....

gplink ls
could not claim interface 0: Operation not permitted
error in usb_claim_interface
gp connection error

That's what I get. I fear it has somethign to do with the fact I just flashed the GP32 and the firmware interferes with usb.
Any ideas? I used MrSpiv's firmware.

Thanks, now I have some advancement at last, but now there is another problem....

gplink ls
could not claim interface 0: Operation not permitted
error in usb_claim_interface
gp connection error

That's what I get. I fear it has somethign to do with the fact I just flashed the GP32 and the firmware interferes with usb.
Any ideas? I used MrSpiv's firmware.

Means your user doesnt have the right permissions on USB.. try to use it with root, or change the permissions but I don't remember which ones you need to change

Back