Gpsmashbros

gp characters wouldnt be a bad idea, and there are quite a few. Super Plusha, kimchi men, Mill, GPfight guy, dungon and gaurder, Tomak, little wizard, rally pop guys, ect. and name it super GP bros. :lol:

Oh, and about the whole legal thing, what about all the people that are making ports of games, and the advanced wars on GP same sprites. I think that if Nintendo found out (which i doubt they would) wouldnt get too mad.

I think we should go with the Nintendo idea
plus, if they do find out, I believ it would be considered Fanwork, dont hold me to it, bu i believe
It would be much cooler
also, dont name it Super Smash Bros, name it a diff name to avoid legal problems

hmmmm.. GP Smash would seem like a good one

~Octavious

I got a question, if thoes are rips, HOW IN FUCKS NAME DO YOU RIP PERFECT 2D GRAPHICS OUT OF A COMPLEXE 3D GAME!?!?

The sprites are most likely custom, due to the lack of variety per character in all situations, and that there is no 2d SSB/SSBM.
The characters are copyright Nintendo *i've seen the bowser in other places*

If using thoes sheets you would go

Sprites copyright ZinDimTimeYUM
Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, *any other names* copyright Nintendo

although due to the lack of the other characters, i have the suspicion of that these are stolen sprites and this guy is a prick, goto www.fireball20xl.com / www.psyguy.com

He used to have a shitload of sprites on his site, but hell, he has a SSBM comic with a shitload of the characters, ask PsyGuy where he got the sprites and hopefully he would tell you

And yes, using Mario War engine *not to be confused with the lame ass SNES rom that you can download* you can make a SSBM style game

and naming it GP32SSBM for short wouldn't due shit, as long as we give a shitload of credit to nintendo, but a unique name would be good

good, i wasnt crazy thinkin to do it in the mario war engine
well, do we have any good programmers who could do this? mario war is open source. If we needed more origionality, I have some more sprites that might look good like megaman or kirby

~Octavious

So what were saying here is that someone will first port SMWar on too GP32, and then add AI, powerups and other simple enhancements and then add a second gametype that is like SSB? It could use Gamepark sprites that are slighly modified to have extra animations each with a color slider for their clothing for a huge color variety. What would the controls be? It could be called GPSmash.

This is A cool idea but just to say someone made one of these for the nes. Its called Kart fighter and uses the characters from mario kart. Its good but this would be so much better

Ernest posted on Feb 29 2004 at 10:29 AM said:
it's good to see that this topic is gaining alot of interest, hopefully it will be enough to get somone to code it!
never gonna happen. just look at how many "cool ideas" have been said in the past like 2 days. NOT ONE will get done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but it'd require a physics engine for the level knockouts, and who's gonna be able to code in the damage system? The moves are relatively easy, hold a direction and press A or B (press a direction THEN press the button fast for a strong attack, etc.) Now the graphics will be the issue, nintendo can't really do a damn thing about a fan game with ripped/custom graphics. (Has played many mario clones with ripped and custom sprites) But how are we gonna get a whole well animated sprites set? (And how do we get em to have physics?)

I think nintendo could care less about a freeware homebrew game on an unheard of console, they have enough problems with piracy
Okay, the post was:
If you ask the person who made them, they probably wont mind...
And if you actually do what that post suggests:
*calling person that made them (aka Nintendo)*
"Hi, I want to use your graphics in my game, do you mind?"
*turns red listening to friendly Nintendo spokesperson's reply and hangs up phone*

That would be quite funny, hence the winking smilie...

Deleted User posted on Feb 29 2004 at 03:58 PM said:
IM gonna try and contact him/her
if you mean the dude on the site, do not, goto
www.fireball20xl.com or www.psyguy.com *same site* and ask psyguy where he got thoes sprites, if the dude on that site DID make them, then you can use them, since they are PD sprites being posted like that, you give credit to the maker, i highly doupt the dude on the site that has only half the characters made thoes sprites, due to he would post the mario luigi and other sprites

Last edited by a moderator:
man, now i realy hope some one comes along and does this with the nintendo char's.....
hell, even a mario wars on the gp32 with these chars and a hit instead of jump on idea woudl rock

~Octavious

Back