Gpsp 0.9-2xb-u4

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
gpSP is Exophase's GBA emulator, not much more needs to be said here, just click the link below:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,101

Some games run fullspeed, some do not (this fact will hopefully motivate Exophase to finish his new version, 1.0 perhaps). Here is complete changelog from GP2X version:
  • Wiz port. No emulation related changes.
  • Wiz: dropped SDL for video and hitting hardware directly (GPH SDL can't be trusted, it doesn't do double buffering as of firmware 1.0).
  • Added new optimized software scaler with interpolation.
  • gpSP is now saving ROM dir on exit. Delete romdir.txt if you don't want that.
  • gpSP now comes with wARM, new kernel module+lib for ARM cache control (replaces mmuhack).
  • gpSP no longer invalidates whole icache after recompilation, might cause minor speedup.
I'm not going to improve it further (although I probably could), except maybe doing portrait modes to eliminate tearing, if there is enough demand for that. Source code is here.

Thx,

Now Nobody has an excuses to get a Wiz instead of a dingoo (unless you want both) :)
Things sure go well in wiz-land, flashback, scummvm update, pocketsnes update, gba emu, al in 2 days time :D

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,101[/URL]

Some games run fullspeed, some do not (this fact will hopefully motivate Exophase to finish his new version, 1.0 perhaps). Here is complete changelog from GP2X version:
  • Wiz port. No emulation related changes.
  • Wiz: dropped SDL for video and hitting hardware directly (GPH SDL can't be trusted, it doesn't do double buffering as of firmware 1.0).
  • Added new optimized software scaler with interpolation.
  • gpSP is now saving ROM dir on exit. Delete romdir.txt if you don't want that.
  • gpSP now comes with wARM, new kernel module+lib for ARM cache control (replaces mmuhack).
  • gpSP no longer invalidates whole icache after recompilation, might cause minor speedup.
I'm not going to improve it further (although I probably could"], except maybe doing portrait modes to eliminate tearing, if there is enough demand for that. Source code is here.
You have no idea how much you just helped me out. (i'm going through some rough times). This'll be the perfect distraction, thank GOD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Exophase and Notaz :)

You guys are geniuses, I just tested it and it runs very good! It does run much better than it did on my GP2X. Many games are near perfect at 600 MHz.

Great news!!!
Thank you guys, it run perfect at least for the games I've tried!!!
GREAT!!
:lol:

Little info, for those who need it:

gpSP, Needs an original GBA bios file
(Note: Don't ask for the bios, it is not legal to post/link to it

GBA bios:
Rename the file (when needed) to "gba_bios.bin" and place it in the same folder as gpSP.
Checksums for the right GBA bios:
MD5: a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6
SHA1: 300c20df6731a33952ded8c436f7f186d25d3492
CRC32: 81977335

Hash calculator can be obtained HERE

- When your gba bios doesn't have the right checksum, the change is high it still work, you can encounter problems with some games
- Remind, when using an incorrect BIOS, you can't complain about it!, get the right one
- You can dump your own GBA bios, look for more info HERE
- In any other case, your on your own for the GBA Bios.

Placing gba roms:
gpSP looks in the root of your SD, just edit "romdir.txt" (example: /mnt/sd/roms/gba)

WOW!
finally i can play all my gba roms on the wiz, thanks a lot for this!!!

most roms run perfectly fine!
but does anyone get kingdom hears to work? i tried it zipped and unzipped, both don't seem to start.

Just wanted to give another round of thanks to notaz for tackling this. wARM should be very helpful too.

I'm still not decided on whether or not I want to try sticking with gpSP, starting a new GBA emulator, or some combination of both. Right now I'm really stressed out at work so I'll probably be waiting a while before I try to do anything.

Just wanted to give another round of thanks to notaz for tackling this. wARM should be very helpful too.

I'm still not decided on whether or not I want to try sticking with gpSP, starting a new GBA emulator, or some combination of both. Right now I'm really stressed out at work so I'll probably be waiting a while before I try to do anything.
Firstly great work to yourself and Notaz for the gba emulator, many Wiz owners will appreciate it. Will you at least be able to sort out the diagonals problem in Temper for the GP2X-F100, or will that have to wait as well?

Firstly great work to yourself and Notaz for the gba emulator, many Wiz owners will appreciate it. Will you at least be able to sort out the diagonals problem in Temper for the GP2X-F100, or will that have to wait as well?
Sorry about that, it's sorted and I just haven't uploaded the file. I'll release it today.

gpSP now comes with wARM, new kernel module+lib for ARM cache control (replaces mmuhack).

Is this used the same way as the previous module?
Whats new and different with this version?

Is this used the same way as the previous module?
Whats new and different with this version?
It includes functions for clearing cache. If you don't need those functions then it probably won't make a difference if you keep using notaz's original mmuhack module.

Sorry about that, it's sorted and I just haven't uploaded the file. I'll release it today.
Many thanks, you're work is appreciated. I will probably sell my duo-r now.

Sounds like it could be a longer time untill we see the Emu onto the Pandora...well, it also could be a longer time untill we see the Pandora at all. :lol:

I hope, some day, the small glitches in the GPSP Emu will be fixed (missing effects here and there, savegame-loading-bug etc...) GPSP ran fine at 266MHz onto my GP2X, I'm sure, it would run perfect onto the 500MHz of the Pandora (Metroid Games Full Speed AND 10+ Hours Battery life YAY!!!! :D )

Keep on going guys, I'm really a fan of this Emulator. :)

Back