Gpsp2x 0.9-2xb U3 Released!

imhotep

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,2114

0.9-2xb u3 (unofficial notaz release, released with permission):
- Removed built-in CPU/LCD/RAM-Tweaker.
- Improved usability of volume control.
- Removed PSP-specific GUI options, adjusted help text.
- Overclocking from menu now works, keep it at 200 if you don't want that
(if you want to overclock using launcher, for example).
- Fixed centering-on-first-run problem.
- 3:2 scaled option now does what it says.
- Compiled with gcc profiling options (not that it makes any difference :/).

My testing:-

The volume control is a god send.
3:2 scaling is great.
Love all the GUI fat being trimmed off.
Inbuilt overclocking not remembering setting.

Hi, can you put a sentance at the beginning when you post news to say what the software actually is (e.g. Gpsp2x is a Gameboy Advance emulator for the GP2x)? It is not always obvious what the releases are and might be confusing to new members visiting the front page.

Great news about the emu though and good to see it is still being worked on.

Excellent, not got time to try it out for a while (busy on my modding/hacking projects). Before I had to select the 16:9 option to get 3:2 output via TV-out, in and out of the menu before it worked. Is this fixed now to work as a default setting via the menu from start?

When gpsp will manage to execute code from vram, the ground will tremble and mankind will face the most gba emulator on the Earth

imhotep said:
- Improved usability of volume control.
- Fixed centering-on-first-run problem.
Thanks notaz for making a great emulator even better, my fingers thank you. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It does seem to me to be faster as well, but Notaz didn't say anything about speedups and I hadn't used gpsp in a while. Can anyone confirm this or are we just seeing things?

This is great notaz. Thank you for this.

Things seem to be smoother in Zelda: Minish Cap from what I remember.

Unfortunately, I am still encountering the "fatal room" bug in which the emulator crashes near the end of the game. Exophase mentioned that he thought he had fixed that problem, but maybe the code wasnt picked up in this release? I have a savestate right near the crash if anyone wants it.

What kinds of things is it faster in?

notaz compiled it with profiling hints. He said it didn't help, but he only tested it with one game.

There's an FPS counter, so someone should post some actual results (post both numbers)

Exophase said:
What kinds of things is it faster in?

notaz compiled it with profiling hints. He said it didn't help, but he only tested it with one game.

There's an FPS counter, so someone should post some actual results (post both numbers)
I would test but I deleted the old version. Is it still available for download?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't noticed a change in the performance. Speed seems the same for me. Maybe I should play with Frameskip I've only used "AUTO" and FS 2 yet.

Back