Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
Hi I'm wanting to try and bring a game idea to the GP2X, and I also intended on giving gpu940 a go... The main problem is I'm currently without my GP2X, but I did hear it has a shared memory mode for compiling on the PC.

How do I go about setting it up to compile for windows? :S

How do I go about setting it up to compile for windows? :S

I heard there are free CDs out there with all the GNU utilities for windows + cygwin + etc.
There should be a POSIX shell in there were to run the configure script from.

Notice: If your platform happens to be an AMD64, there's a segfault just behind the corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've managed to get most of it compiled using MSYS and devkitGP2X. Mind you, it takes a bit of guesswork. After editing gp2xenv.sh to tell it to use devkitGP2X (and editing the parameters such as removing the -I parameters), confgp2x runs ok. I had to tell make what LD and GP2XDEVDIR were, even though gp2xenv.sh had apparently set GP2XDEVDIR previously.

./confgp2x
make LD=arm-linux-ld GP2XDEVDIR=/c/devkitPro/devkitGP2X

There was some other manual editing of files to get it working, but I cannot remember off-hand what they were.

Now I just have install MinGW's gcc so it can build the samples.

I got a nice tip for you: you can use the precompiled "load940" and "gpu940" from the egoboo release! Then you don't have to compile those yourself (which is not easy if you don't use the MakeFile)

Then you only need to compile the stuff in lib and gl to get it working.

I tried it with the gears sample, this is a simple one-file openGL test in the sample dir of GL (glxgears.c). Works fine!

Back