Gpx2 Naming Contest Finished...

Umlauts!
ööööööö

*ahem*

New notice at the GPX2 Korean homepage.

안녕하십니까. 게임파크 홀딩스입니다.

금일 13개정도의 상품명을 등록하기 위해 상표출원하는 곳을 알아 봤으니 이것또한 전부 등록되어 있다고 합니다.

부득이하게 다음주로 연기한다는 말씀 전해드려 죄송하며 이는 신중에 신중을 기해 좋은 상표를 선택함이기에 고객여러분님들의 많은 양해 부탁드립니다.

다음주중에는 반드시 브랜드명을 확정지을 수 있도록 최선을 다하겠습니다.

감사합니다.

I think they may have whittled things down to 13 entries, but my Korean knowledge is near-zero (my Japanese is passable, but that doesn't help...)

*waits for polooo2 to come save the day*

Babblefish said:
How do you do. The game park hall ting su is.

It says that the hazard trademark which register a present 13 opening a court moral goods life this it tries to know the place which makes an application also the whole it is register.

It does unavoidably and afterwords it performs mainly speech electrolysis to give to be sorry, prudently the 36th binary term of the sexagenary cycle it selects the good trademark, understanding entrusting which the customer everybody field is many it gives a prudence.

To the next residence in China certainly the possibility decision of making a brand life in order to be, it will finish the best.

Thank you.

God sometimes I hate babblefish. but I do have to say it sounds much like they do have it knocked down to 13 names but they're taking all the time they can to make sure the names fit the product...(and something about china? :confused:) Pretty much the same thing we already know I guess, just written for the korean readers but I'll defer to poloo2 for a correct translation also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm betting they manufacture the devices in China, and need to post/input final schematics/paint schemes and whatnots...

Hey Alpha, where is that signature picture from? Reminds me of... Golgo 13 or something, I think the name was...

That is definitely Golgo in his sig.

Love that translation:

"It does unavoidably and afterwords it performs mainly speech electrolysis to give to be sorry, prudently the 36th binary term of the sexagenary cycle"

Damn that's beautiful. I want speech electrolysis, it sounds very sexagenery! :p

Here is a reply on GPH's website:

We are choosing the best name at the moment.
There are about 12 names that we are taking into consideration.
But there is a possibility tthat we might have to add some lettesr to one of the suggested names.

Concerning the company name ,we have no concrete plan yet

Thank you,

Hmm... 12 finalists....

Jarska333 posted on Aug 27 2005 at 04:14 AM said:
Hey Alpha, where is that signature picture from? Reminds me of... Golgo 13 or something, I think the name was...

Yep! Golgo13: The Mafat Conspiracy(U) on NES

Bablefish translations are often hilarious, they create words that dont even exist to translate other languages! I mean WTF is sexagenery anyway!?

Alpha2 posted on Aug 27 2005 at 10:46 AM said:
Bablefish translations are often hilarious, they create words that dont even exist to translate other languages! I mean WTF is sexagenery anyway!?
Of course sexagenary is a word. It means something in the (number) sixties or something that's a sixth generation.

iignotus posted on Aug 27 2005 at 03:05 PM said:
Of course sexagenary is a word. It means something in the (number) sixties or something that's a sixth generation.

Seriously? still that's pretty ludicrous as I can't see any context for the word to even be used in this case.

I think they were looking more for an acronym anyway(or atleast a name with cool sounding innitials) rather than a single word name for it.

Alpha2 posted on Aug 28 2005 at 07:53 AM said:
iignotus posted on Aug 27 2005 at 03:05 PM said:

Seriously? still that's pretty ludicrous as I can't see any context for the word to even be used in this case.

I think they were looking more for an acronym anyway(or atleast a name with cool sounding innitials) rather than a single word name for it.

Operations conducted in base-60 can be called sexagenary, like the counting of seconds or minutes (for a time the Chinese measured eras in 60-years cycles, I'm sure there are many more examples...)

I hope they will at least release the list of finalists, even if it's after they make their decision.

Yeah, I think they're wanting to get this thing on the production line ASAP so I doubt they'll spend so long deciding on a new name.

Anyone know of a way to check which domains GPH have registered recently? :p

It's only the case that'll change, so my guess is that the rest will be produced and tested, and the cases made when the name is decided upon.

Back