Gran Theft Auto (PC)

menion

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey. A thought hit me directcly as I woke up this mornig, might a port of the old PC-game GTA (Grand Theft Auto) be possible ?

I'm new at this board and just want to say Hello! Don't have a GP32 yet because i'm just a poor student and gotta buy some otherthings first ;) Hope u will welcome me and u have to excuse my rather bad english ;>

source needed, sorry.

but you could rip all the gfx for us then someone could try to rewrite it.

declaration said:
The Gameboy colour version is terrible though........

YES!

btw. are there any good gbc games?
i think the gb games were mostly all ok. gba games are cool too. (i don't play them since i have my gp)
BUT gbc games were all shit (ok, all i can remember)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah... there were a fair few GBC games that weren't shit. Most notably, Heroes of Might and Magic II (which played VERY well), Magi-Nation, the two Oracles Zeldas, and Dragon Quest IV redux. And a load more, but those ones stand out for me as being particularly fun.

They DID, though, try and put some games on that were great in their original form, but terrible in the GBC incarnation. And GTA is one of those. As is, incidentally Episode 1 Racer (the move was terrible, but I loved the game for PC).

Yeah the GBC version really suxz. Are'nt the Zelda games to GBC queit good? Don't know any other games worth to be played at the GBC otherwise ;E

:) sounds nice , how's the GBC emu to Gp32? nearly perfect?

Seems like that little machine got sooo much great potential (hope u understand, feels like a bit Swenglish)

the two zelda's
mr driller
metal gear solid
elevator action

there the only gbc rom's on my gamepark.....

ehehe @ bringoutthegimp

yeah, mario dx on gbc wasnt what it used to be on nes.

Not to forget mission impossible on gbc, which i really liked. as well as dragon warrior III which is truly one of the best handheld rpgs imo.

lots of great games on GBC.

check out Dragon's Lair (based on the actual Arcade game!)
Mario Golf + Tennis
Warlock (realtime strategy)
Bionic Commando Elite Forces
Game+Watch Gallery series
Perfect Dark (don't think emu's support it yet)
Driver
Wario Land series

A nice port would be uplink, the source code is buyable, but i don't think introversion would agree to letting it be distributed, they are commercial. Sorry, found a post already mentioning it.

Back