Great Keyboard/typing Game Idea?

(Sorry for the wrong section..)

Yeah.. most of us already can touch-type. But it would be a great (and fun) way to learn to handle typing at a small keyboard like the Pandora has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be nice; but it probably won't do just porting something like ktouch, it'll need something more specific - for thumb typing and 6-fingered typing (btw, with long fingers this one is quite fast even on full keyboards)

MarcelP102 said:
(Sorry for the wrong section..)

Yeah.. most of us already can touch-type. But it would be a great (and fun) way to learn to handle typing at a small keyboard like the Pandora has.
:unsure: Um... how on earth can you reach that conclusion? What evidence do you base it on?

Anyway, yea, I really don't think Pandora was designed with touch typing in mind. It's going to be point-n-stab at best methinks

MarcelP102 said:
Is python a good language to start with? (using Pygame)
Yes, go ahead. For most things python is fast enough, and performance critical parts can be written in C.

If you are starting to learn programming now, you probably won't reach python's performance boundary for quite some time, so go ahead. Another thing you might want to do is actually start learning programming NOW, not when the Pandora arrives. It seems like another excuse to postpone picking up programming, and if that's the case, you might as well not try and start. Learning to programming requires hard work and dedication. IMO :)

i would love games like that on the pandore

the typing of the dead -would be the goal tho

I've been working on a python typing game with Pandora in mind. At first I thought it would be a great system for it, but then I started thinking about thumb typing and how much slower I am with thumbs as opposed to full 10 fingers. I later thought about using a bluetooth keyboard which would definitely speed things up, but you'd have to drag another item around with you all the time. In any case, I'll probably keep working on it and just see how things go in the end.

Edit: I'm using pygame. I should probably update to the newest version sometime...

DasFool said:
I've been working on a python typing game with Pandora in mind. At first I thought it would be a great system for it, but then I started thinking about thumb typing and how much slower I am with thumbs as opposed to full 10 fingers. I later thought about using a bluetooth keyboard which would definitely speed things up, but you'd have to drag another item around with you all the time. In any case, I'll probably keep working on it and just see how things go in the end.
I think it could still be quite fun on the thumb-keyboard, and people get quite fast on them with long use. You could have an option for keeping two high-scores, one for thumbing and one for full external keyboard. Maybe even as separate modes of play, to correlate with the different buttons easily accessible for each.

Perhaps a nice, colourful quasi-fighting game using key combinations for combos? I dunno, it'd be something rather wacky. Imagine chaining some ridiculous jumble of words/letters/phrases together to perform the ULTIMATE ATTACK!

Like a crazy Gem/Pocket Fighter game...but with WORDS!

Pylon_Trooper said:
Perhaps a nice, colourful quasi-fighting game using key combinations for combos? I dunno, it'd be something rather wacky. Imagine chaining some ridiculous jumble of words/letters/phrases together to perform the ULTIMATE ATTACK!
f-a-t-a-l-i-t-y YOU WIN!!! :D

i like the idea. something like typing of the dead, ahaha. or typegun.
good to get acquainted with the pandora keyboard

Back