Great videogame music

milkshake

Advanced Member
I was watching a youtube video the other day and the music in the background seemed very familiar, the music was this http://soundcloud.co...-blue-feat-gibs which is actually a remix of Aquatic Ambiance from donkey kong country on the super nintendo.

All I can say is its amazing.

are there other brilliant remix's or original sound tracks of games you like.

I can think of others like many songs from the megaman games etc.

post them here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played through VVVVVV on the Pandora and I've got to say it's the best 'chiptune' stuff I've heard in years. :)

Last week, i was at the concert of a guitarist that plays some VG music, amongst other tracks.

There's some Rolling Thunder 2, Afterburner, Sword of Vermilion. He also wanted to play some Super Hang-On, but hadn't enough time :^).

I'm currently uploading some videos tunes taken from his live here:

http://slackware.ope...r=videos%2F2012

Last edited by a moderator:
As for original soundtracks, Croc 2 will always be my favorite. Here's some of my favorites:

Croc 2

VVVVVV

Cave Story (the original, not the remixed soundtrack)

Every Legend of Zelda (except the ones we don't speak of)

Super Smash Bros Brawl (so many original and remixed versions of the best nintedo music)

Minecraft (If you're in the mood for calm music)

Super Mario Galaxy & Galaxy2

Age of Empires (Gold Edition) & AoE II

Super Paper Mario

As for remixes, there's the excellent Zelda Reorchestrated project. Amazing free remade zelda tracks including the entire OoT soundtrack. And I can't wait for the release of their Twilight symphony album.

and of course all the remixes in SSB Brawl are amazing (no mater what the youtube comments say)

Monty on the Run, Last Ninja 1 + 2 and Creatures 1 + 2 on the Commodore 64 are some of my favourite tunes.

Bubble Bobble is great, and I can get stuck humming that for ages

Monkey Island has a nice sound track, especially some of the remixes from it (Nodding in the direction of the two from the Heros Vs Villains album from OCRemix. The Guybrush one caters to my metal side, and the LeChuck one caters for my zany and chiptune lusts)

More recently, "In Uchronia" did some music for the Iron Squid Starcraft 2 tournament. It's not technically game music, but damn good none-the-less. In addition, Starcraft 2 has some nice tracks in there too.

Oh, and Midnight Resistance... I'll sometimes stick on a longplay video of either the C64 or Amiga version just to listen to the game music whilst I'm doing other things

MDK 2 had some great music, not exactly my kind of thing but I was impressed with the quality of it

Back