Grooveshark HTML 5

Sigurd

Hi everyone, I have been trying out diffrent webservices. Namely the public wifi we have in danish trains and the html5 version of grooveshark.

I have gotten none of these to work. The problem with the public wifi is that I hang on the authentication which is done via the web browser.

However, there is a funny similarity that I can't wrap my head around. Both of the sites show the following loading icon:

Whenever i get this icon, whichever site im on just hangs while loading. Never gets anywhere tho, even after long load times.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? or have any helpfull info? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of googling suggests that html5 audio hasn't been implemented in Firefox, although Chrome users have reported success with grooveshark.

I guess that Danish train wifi is failing for another reason - it's a fairly generic "buffering" icon by the looks of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its odd, because at first I too thought that Grooveshark was broke. But it works fine on my Win 7 pc :/

That spinning circle icon is pretty standard, a lot of websites use it now. The only clue it probably gives is that it's using asynchronous javascript to perform the login without changing pages. Could be a problem in our Javascript. Try it with Chromium.

Mmm, might be a problem with my version of java. can't seem to get the alternative installed trough the pnd

Back