Gtk/qt Themes

hells_dark

★★★
Website
breves.openlimeade.net
I was just wondering..

Since the pandora runs linux, a lot of programs, that will be ported, will probably be in gtk or qt.
But the default theme in (i.e) gtk is ugly..

It was just a stupid (maybe because it's late here and i'm tired) remark.. But what do you think about it ?
:huh:

(of course, i meant with the simple config, not running on ubuntu or else..)

At least in GTK's case, a simple adjustment of .gtkrc is capable of instructing the theme engine which theme to use. So I'm sure there'll be an easy way of adjusting this, or if not, one will be added fairly soon after launch.

The might be a completely different theme system running on the Pandora out of the box, instead of GTK. I'm pretty sure that the pandora team is working on that particular feature while fiddling with the entire OS, to get it running properly.

I'm quite a theme fanboy aswell, using Windowblinds with hundreds of themes to choose from. GTK wasn't really pretty, so i tried Emerald instead. Sadly that failed me with a capital F during my Linux experience..

QtCurve would allow a uniform theme. Even without it, Qt can now use gtk engines and there is a hack (gtk-qt-engine) to allow gtk apps to look decent in a mostly Qt environment.

It'll be just fine.

Back