Guess I've Bricked It

retro-mark

Still Fresh
Just decided to upgrade my gp2x from firmware 2.0.0 to 4.1 and I accidential knocked the power lead, all get now is the first GP2X first flash screen followed by 'Loading GP2X firmware ver 2.0.0

I read the de-bricked guide about relashing the file system and placed the IMG on the SD card but nothing changed

HELP!!

Mark

retro-mark said:
I read the de-bricked guide about relashing the file system and placed the IMG on the SD card but nothing changed
Nothing will, unless you hold down the key that start the flash procedure like you did to upgrade to 2.0.

You need to list down everything that you have done so far, don't miss out anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you remembering to hold some combination of start and select? Can't remember which one or whether it's both, but I think you need to hold them to force it to reflash.

Tbh, though, 4.1 really isn't likely worth upgrading for. The only real bonus it has is SDHC, and you can get that on other firmwares easily enough. It also has much longer loading times than, in particular, 2.11 (generally thought to be the best for f100s), so might be better to use that.

That said, bearing in mind it's FW 2.0.0, I'm not sure if the unbricking code was present yet; it may not have been :(.

You can unbrick with FW 2.0. I did with JTAG iirc. If you have the "Loading" screen, just powering on with [select]+[start] held(and off course, with the image on SD), should reflash the firmware.

Back