Gunstar Heroes Sequel?

Twinbee

Tales From The Big Room
Website
Visit site
Alright - I haven't seen a post here about this, sorry if it's already been mentioned. :)

The following is a legitimate, registered trademark that Sega have... uhh, registered.

Code:
Word Mark GUNSTAR SUPER HEROES
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: VIDEO GAME SOFTWARE, COMPUTER GAME PROGRAMS, GAME PROGRAMS FOR USE WITH HAND-HELD GAME MACHINES
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78584332
Filing Date March 10, 2005
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Sega d/b/a Sega Corporation CORPORATION JAPAN 1-2-12, Haneda, Ohta-ku Tokyo NOT PROVIDED
Attorney of Record Jay K. Meadway
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

It's also apparently been rumoured that Sega and Treasure are beginning to work on a Gunstar Heroes sequel for the PSP...

Hmmmmm.... :ph34r:

Thanks for finding that. Thats awesome! Gunstar heroes on the PSP. Mmmmm nice :D

What a tragedy, you'll be forced to buy the best thing thats ever happened to handheld gaming, OH THE HORROR :rolleyes: <_<

Don't buy a PSP as there's plent of other people who actually want one, and than have to stand in lines to try and get one.

kotd posted on Apr 3 2005 at 12:34 AM said:
What a tragedy, you'll be forced to buy the best thing thats ever happened to handheld gaming, OH THE HORROR :rolleyes: <_<

Don't buy a PSP as there's plent of other people who actually want one, and than have to stand in lines to try and get one.

Dude, I don't WANT a handheld console, the GP was a one-off that I bought to emulate stuff on.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Kotd...

I've been PRAYING that Treasure would waste no time in supporting the new handhelds... They put a few things out for the GBA against all odds, Guardian Heroes Advance, which I loved but most others did not, and the awesome Astro Boy....

If they do anything, let alone a Gunstar Heroes sequel, for the PSP, life will be good :)

It is kinda sad though... I mean... back in the day, one of Treasures biggest core rules was that they DONT make sequels... I always thought that was a good rule, much as I loved many of their games, I thought the ideal of not making sequels... not just rehashing games again and again like so many other companies do... was a great rule to have.

About Gunstar Heroes, you guys DO know that the N64 game Sin and Punishment was billed as the 'unofficial' Gunstar Heroes sequel right? In the same way that Ikaruga was the unofficial sequel to Radiant Silvergun. In both cases, it's not hard to see the similiarities between the pairs....

Well Guardian Hereos advance was a sequel of some sorts. I liked it but it was way hard and the slowdown was horrendous. Will have to try Sin and Punishment :)

Has anyone stopped the thing that it might just be Gunstar heroes for the GBA or DS more than the PSP? Sin and Punishment is a great though unfortunatly I havent found an emmulator that does it perfectly yet, A few graphical bugs rendered it unplayable after a certain point even with the best set up I could find.

I actually own a copy of Sin and Punishment and it's easily among my top 5 favorite games that I own, and is definately my best N64 game. Not sure what they go for on Ebay nowadays but I'd say well worth hunting down and owning unless it's some ungodly amount like Radiant Silvergun or Dracula X PCE CD... then again, having played it myself and loving every moment of it I probably would pay $150-ish for it if it went that high... yes for me it is really THAT good.

I have also run it on the N64 emu on Xbox and it seems to run very well, there are some graphical bugs but nothing that made the game unplayable, not by a long shot, IMO, and I played about halfway thru.

Sin and Punishment on PSP ..... *droooooool*

Anyone who would complain about "not another port" would seriously get slapped in this case :D

EDIT: OMG.... just checked ebay... a few copies available going for like $60!!! WOW... that's just about what I paid for it when it first came out, for an IMPORT copy so typically more expensive than a new US game. This game is really worth the money and for anyone who still has an N64 you really HAVE to buy this game if you like shooters or action games at all.

Guess I'll just have to wait for PC N64 emulation to catch up with XB N64 Emulation. I still think it'll be a 2D game for one of the nintendo handhelds, someone should check to see if sega's registered a new sin&punishment trademark, but I have serious concerns over how they'd replicate the control. I couldnt even begin to get a suitable set up on a dual analog PC controller (actually I got close but I still had trouble with some of the moves).

well guys don't quote me on this Sin and Punishment thing... I mean for all intents and purposes it really wasn't a sequel to Gunstar, just sort of the unofficial sequel that seemed to have a few key bits in common with Gunstar, though at the same time was a very different game.

I dont want to be responsible for misleading people to believing that rumors of a real Gunstar sequel really has anything to do with Sin and Punishment.

Given the 2d Guardian Heroes sequel that popped up on the GBA recently, and the fact that that game was actually pretty close to the original Guardian Heroes, it does seem to make more sense to me that a TRUE Gunstar sequel would actually be pretty close to the original and would be a 2d sidescroller.

As far as which systems it would come out on... well, Treasure have always shown a slight preference for the underdog... and please don't turn that into a DS/PSP war, just stating a fact, Treasure have not supported Sony (let alone the Xbox AT ALL) NEARLY as much as they used to support Sega back when Nintendo was king of the hill, or as much as they've supported Nintendo AND Sega since Sony made it to the top. Also, I know I read somewhere that the main guy over at Treasure was intrigued with the DS's dual screens and to a lesser extent, the touch control. ALSO, It's well known that the guys at Treasure strongly prefer to do 2d games, so would be just as inclined to do a DS game if not moreso, over the PSP.

Try the new Project 64 just came out! Damn I checked my Rom set and I don't have Sin and punishment OMG "Cries"

wow and I thought I had it bad with 56k. :lol: hey if you want something bad enough you go for it. I spent a week straight downloading a close to 2 gig file.

But holy cow! they really DID update Project64! I didnt expect that at all! I have to check this out now.

kotd posted on Apr 5 2005 at 04:22 AM said:
With my home connection at 33k? I don't think so LOL

Well, assuming that you get the same sort of download speeds as I did when I was on my 33.6Kb connection (around 4-5KB/s), then that's still less than 2 hours download. B)

You can tell I did way too much downloading as a kid, can't you?

Anyone know if they've updated the N64 emu on the Xbox? I haven't checked up on any of the Xbox stuff in AGES... since I only really play at work, and have only been bringing my GP and PSP to work lately... Xbox just too damn HEAVY!

markusdragon posted on Apr 5 2005 at 03:10 PM said:
kotd posted on Apr 5 2005 at 04:22 AM said:
With my home connection at 33k? I don't think so LOL

Well, assuming that you get the same sort of download speeds as I did when I was on my 33.6Kb connection (around 4-5KB/s), then that's still less than 2 hours download. B)

You can tell I did way too much downloading as a kid, can't you?
HAh I get 3.5k Max LOL. Stupid f#$%ing fibre optic cables. My old place I was getting around 5.6-6K. Anyway I'm finally getting cable as soon as this shitty contract ends :D

Back