Guys, I met my new developing hero, but he's kinda frowned upon by current law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're anything like the minors back when I was still one, they'll know more than the adults.
that is not the point. it's not about being prude, it's about not advocating rape culture and distasteful offensive shit.

EDIT: how about this hypothetical situation: someone has been abused as a child and reads this thread.

Last edited:
that is not the point. it's not about being prude, it's about not advocating rape culture and distasteful offensive shit.

EDIT: how about this hypothetical situation: someone has been abused as a child and reads this thread.
How about this: Someone very close to me who was 27 back then was killed by a car that had a speed of 120kmh and I don't just have to read the Carmageddon kind of jokes on the net but also had to hear them in RL right after it happened by people who knew about it.
Actually not a hypothetical situation.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/does-rape-culture-exist
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/...have-a-rape-culture-we-have-a-victim-culture/
http://time.com/30545/its-time-to-end-rape-culture-hysteria/
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blog...istics-dont-back-up-claims-about-rape-culture

I'm afraid you're appealing to the wrong person here, I lost the last shred of my empathy for other people some years ago. I realize that the statement is meant to make me feel horrified however what I actually feel is nothing.

really people? I don't care what sexual fetish is being catered to, but I am fairly certain rape is fucked up as a goal in a game. Not saying it should be censored/forbidden, but do we need to discuss rape games on these boards that revolve mostly around childrens retro games and have a bunch of minors participating?

If you think that is the only way in which you can play the game, not knowing, I would say discussion is warranted.

I'm afraid you're appealing to the wrong person here, I lost the last shred of my empathy for other people some years ago. I realize that the statement is meant to make me feel horrified however what I actually feel is nothing.
congratulations! why should I give a shit about you or your opiniont at all then?

@comradekingu yes that is the only way I think, because noone has even mentioned the games name or linked to it. how am I supposed to know anything about this gaming gem if I don't even have the info to google it. all I know is what has been mentioned here.

@Klumpen you have a point there except for a few parameters: your friend had been killed in an accident I assume? not by someone who picked him as a victim to target and kill with a car.

Last edited:
why should I give a shit about you or your opiniont at all then?

I never said you should. I, like most other people am of limited use to the world and quite probably am only still alive due to luck. The only time you should pay attention to opinions is if they are backed up by evidence, they have no value otherwise.

I don't understand the purpose of this thread, but due to the lack of insightful discussion by the poster I can only assume it to be another "look at me!" attempt to grab attention. You're arguing about the validity of a rape game ffs, seems to me that someone is pressing buttons and having a good laugh watching the convulsions.

@Uncle Jack: I find it low what you did. You attacked @xnopasaranx Then when he punches back, you play the victim card. *(victim culture) instead of building up your argument, which makes an interesting read.
Plus: Opinions are opinions, not required to be backed up with facts, because it's mostly fueled by feelings, with here and there a fact, which may or may not be based on truth or be biased due to the subjective interpretation of said truth.

Le me elaborate on that last fact: There were 2 teams, doing deep underground cosmic particle detection. They were at it for 10 years already, and had not measured the particle crossing their sensor. So one team quit. Because there are no such particles. The other team said: Well, by probability, were are not far off now, let's keep measuring. And bingo, 2 years later they found said particle.

And what do I know? I have to convey my expression in a incomplete language such as English, which means lots is lost in translations. Then you re-interpret what I said from English back to "mind", with your own set of interpretation rules, which might not even be the interpretation I had before I put my thoughts into words.

Ok back on topic @OP:

Analogy 1: Ooh, let's not destroy this strain of virus because we can learn from it.
Analogy 2: Ooh, let's not shut down this AI because we can learn from it.

My point: You will never reap the benefit of the code knowledge without some cultural contamination. Just check von Braun and Nasa. Or Mengele and Bayer.

MY personal conclusion for you: Run, run as fast as you can.In your current mind state, you are vulnerable (If you don't stand for anything, you will fall for everything).

Other heroes (dead site, old unsung heroes, but with the jokes and fun that OP should enjoy, such as the function to walk is called "gaywalk()"... yes, code is readable, but obfuscated spaghetti, which, well, is worth a chuckle or two):
http://kefkasrevenge.tengudev.com/kr0/images/KRshot06_06_03.png
http://kefkasrevenge.tengudev.com/download/KR.zip

Here is a recent hero: http://forums.spheredev.org/index.php/topic,1215.0.html
A complete Game development engine, leaning on RPG's like RPG Maker, but open source and editable/compilable by yourself

And if you like making decent sound effects: https://www.bfxr.net/ also beautiful opensource code.

[The rest of this article can be obtained by paying this MTX (microtransaction)]

Last edited:
Reactions: ___
Today everything needs a trigger warning.
Pyra has two left triggers, and two right triggers... should the package or box contain a warning sign? (The Pandora had a big R on one of them, so that should be sufficient warning, right?)
edit: Reading my French highschool Triggernometry book right now... it says that Right is Droit, and thus, R2 should be called R2D2 while L2 should be called L2G2.

Ah... yes... the old days, where we could call someone an asshole, and be best buds later when differences were talked aside.

Last edited:
Ah... yes... the old days, where we could call someone an asshole, and be best buds later when differences were talked aside.
That still happens when the differences are, like, pineapple on pizza, or whos sportsball team is going to win next year.
When your "differences" have direct links to physical violence I'm not so sure it's worth even trying to be best buds later.

Psychologists could perhaps glean data from threads like this. Not sure what other (positive) value there is in this thread though.

It's quite disturbing.

Thinking about it though, the underlying question is a good one. Similar to quandaries like should I be able to enjoy the music of Wagner if I despise racism.

Or in other words, can creativity be appreciated purely objectively.

When many childhood icons have now been accused/convicted of heinous things (Michael Jackson, Rolf Harris, etc) it starts to make objectivity impossible.

Last edited:
Other heroes:

This is a printout of software. She made that software.
margaret-hamilton-mit-apollo-code.jpeg

Computer scientist Margaret Hamilton stands with the Apollo guidance software she and her team developed at MIT.

Photo: MIT Museum
[doublepost=1521552414,1521547010][/doublepost]
can creativity be appreciated purely objectively.
I do think so. We still go to visit the Colosseum in Italy. We walk on the sidewalk that prisoners have cleaned.
We speak high about Nelson Mandela, but Winnie can't say the same
And people still eat the meat from the butcher, even if he had to be the hangman/executioner from time to time.
... and nobody asks "Has this building been made by men that hit their wife... because then I will not enter it". Or "Has this city been free from rape and pillage before I visit it?"

Thinking about it though, the original question is a good one. Similar to quandaries like should I be able to enjoy the music of Wagner if I despise racism.
I love FEZ, but could punch Phil Fish in the throat every time he wags his chin.

I don't understand the purpose of this thread, but due to the lack of insightful discussion by the poster I can only assume it to be another "look at me!" attempt to grab attention. You're arguing about the validity of a rape game ffs, seems to me that someone is pressing buttons and having a good laugh watching the convulsions.
my feelings about OP exactly, but I was a bit baffled about the reactions of our fellow pandorians.

There's a difference between pure art being made by an artist (or pure ludology made by a game maker, whatever) and stuff that actually embeds more questionable behaviours intrinsically inside it. There's still a question to be answered about Wagner, and so on, but I see the answer to this question as more clear cut, and the answer is a vehement nah, man.

I know a few people on my end were laughing. Since I don't know the intention behind making the game, it would be too mess with people, or it could be sincere. Either way, it got us talking, and have me an idea for a serial killer game.

my feelings about OP exactly, but I was a bit baffled about the reactions of our fellow pandorians.

Today everything needs a trigger warning.
Not sure if sarcasm. I hope so.

That still happens when the differences are, like, pineapple on pizza, or whos sportsball team is going to win next year.
When your "differences" have direct links to physical violence I'm not so sure it's worth even trying to be best buds later.
I had a few friendships develop after fights with the future friend. I suppose it depends on if the people are incapable of getting over it, accepting differences, or realizing it is a game.

I also enjoy films that would disgust many here, and would probably make many think that those that enjoy such films are despicable individuals. Perhaps that is true. The most hardcore fan I know of Miike seems like a decent person, and I was surprised she likes his stuff.

Trust me, there are much better reasons to dislike me than what I said (and many things I resisted saying) in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back