Half-life 1 On The Pandora?

Turnip said:
How far outside the pandoras capabilitys is half life 2? In this interviw craig says doom 3 may be a possibility...

I'm sure it could run it fine, given people with enough talent at porting. Sadly it's not open source (leaked, maybe, but you'd be crazy to touch that...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
It couldn't run natively but it might play on Pandora with some VNC type software...
Ick - unlikely. VNC is fine office like applications (when there aren't lots of screen updates), but would really struggle to display games.

In theory someone could hack together something similar to the PSP's remote play feature, but I'd worry about the lag involved (it'd have to encode the video into a stream on the PC end, and the Pandora would have to decode it quickly enough)

benjymous said:
and the Pandora would have to decode it quickly enough
I thought the cpu is already optimized for doing that

Mutilator said:
half life for pc isnt possible but renember there was a port to dreamcast so if the dudes who are attempting the dream cast emulator can get it running i cant see why we cant have the dreamcast version
Are you sure it was ever released? From what i saw on gamespot, it was canceled.

Gamespot

Are you sure it was ever released? From what i saw on gamespot, it was canceled.

yes it was canceled but it was leaked to the internet

Yes. Half Life Gold. Found it. Played it. Awesome. Why not make a HL mod using the Quake 3 engine? Sorry if this is total noob question. Noob I am.

Back