Half Life 2... No Multiplayer ???

Steve-O

Looks like theres NO out of the Box Multiplayer for HL2 (Except CS:S)

Just read on a site (But dont know If I can put the link on here because it might be seen as Warez related) that HL2 has No Multiplayer feature.

this is what the site said -

No Deathmatch, no Team Deathmatch, no CTF; according to reports, Counter-Strike: Source is yer lot

Counter-Strike: Source looks set to be the only multiplayer component to ship with Half-Life 2, with a US journalist reportedly confirming that there'll be no out-of-the-box Deathmatch or similar vanilla multiplayer modes included. In an interview conducted by Half-Life 2 fansite HalfLife2.net, Chuck Osborn of PC Gamer magazine who has already reviewed the game responded to the question "Only CS:S [Counter-Strike: Source], no Deathmatch?" with the answer: "Only CS:S".
Although disappointing news, if there's one game that the mod community will mob in earnest it's Half-Life 2.
Hopefully the likes of Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch will be modes that are picked up - and anyone who's been following the HL2 mod scene will know that there's a wealth of other modifications in various stages of production already.

In related news, another Half-Life 2 fansite Half-Life Fallout has received word that's reportedly from Valve's Gabe Newell on the different HL2 packages that'll be released at retail and via Steam.
Standard Edition and Collector's Edition are to be released at retail, the former consisting of Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source, coming apparently on six CDs and available in three different box-art packages - Gordon, the G-Man and Alyx Vance.
The Collector's Edition will include Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source and Half-Life original Source, all on one DVD, as well as a t-shirt and a Prima book. Precisely what was listed recently on EBGames and Gamestop websites.
Releases via Steam are to differ slightly, according to HL Fallout, with Bronze, Silver and Gold packages to be made available.
Bronze is to feature Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source, while Silver is to feature Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat Source and Valve's back catalogue that's currently available on Steam.
Cough up for Gold on the other hand and you get:

* Half-Life 2
* Counter-Strike: Source
* Half-Life: Source
* Day of Defeat: Source
* Valve's back catalogue currently available on Steam
* Prima Games Complete Strategy Guide
* 3 Half-Life 2 posters
* A Half-Life 2 hat
* A Half-Life 2 postcard
* Half-Life 2 stickers
* Half-Life 2 soundtrack on CD

And a chance to win a trip to Valve HQ (one trip will be offered for every 5,000 Gold packages purchased apparently)
Incidentally, several items listed under the Steam release details - Half-Life 2, Half-Life: Source and Day of Defeat: Source - are tagged "to be made available on product's release".
And finally, HL Fallout reports that Valve will be making available a full version of Counter-Strike: Source through Steam next week.

(Mods, Feel free to move this into the Console section if you want... I Didnt put this into the Console section, because a PC is not a Console :p)

well because of the leaked source i could understand them not giving out a mp part... good coders could chance the whole stuff and could cheat, send over the mp part viruses or shit to other users, etc etc etc ..
i just want em to release the sp part now :p (and vampire 2 follows directly... because teh game is finished but they gotta w8 till hl² is released, because it uses the same engine...)

Vimacs posted on Oct 3 2004 at 03:50 PM said:
they have hired the sven coop team ro make the coop part for hl2

My Cousin used to map for the Official Sven Coop Releases (his map was in the Installtion files :D )

He Got that Electric Crowbar or what ever it is that only the mappers got??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back