Handwriting Pad As A Touch Screen For Gp2x

Khan

It has been discussed in Gp32spain.

The idea is porting or developing drivers for THIS

It fits nicely on Gp2x (Just needs a little modding and casing for the hanging board)

SCROLL DOWN FOR EYE-CANDY

Any open-source drivers for generic writing pads? Could Reverse Engineering do the trick?
I wet myself thinking about its benefits... (PDA apps, Scummvm...) :)

Allmighty devs! I summon you! Do you find it feasible? (I hope this topic helps to encourage some crazy developers :p )

PD: Yes, I know this topic should go to Cool Ideas/Suggestions but I think it´s a matter of general interest

Dirt cheap, less than $8, and with that size, it can be used anywhere, I believe this will change the face of the world (the GP2X's world, you say there are other planets? you must be joking ;) ).
Khan.summon_abilities += sehs33.summon_abilities;

Looks very interesting and could be a great addition for using the X server, I'd like to get my hands on one at some point. Surely can't be too hard to get working with the GP2X. I might get one sometime assuming you can use PayPal.

cant see that pcb properly but it doesnt look like it has much on it (a lot of wasted space) it should be possible to put this inside the gp2x maybe if a smaller circuit could be found.

DBH said:
How many mA does this draw? could it work nicely with a usb hub that would be perfect as a overlay just needs a slim casing.
Yes, I guess attaching a mini usb host like Gamegod´s or Nubie´s to the battery lid would keep it portable

Last edited by a moderator:
Random thought:

You know, after seeing this, I could almost kinda wonder what a combination of this with bluetooth would have. Especially with the open source.

I could see some pretty cool, yes unneccessary, implementations for a bluetooth enabled touchscreen gp2x.

You know, like remote control etc.

It's really too bad they didn't add wifi to the gp2x, it'd have made the ultimate script kiddie device.

this sounds amazingly promising. I really wonder if this can be used with linux drivers. DS emulator anyone (just kidding)?

If this is going to be portable without external power, we have stepped into the next generation GP2X homebrew! At least, if someone cares to make touchscreen compatible stuff. Would be useful for emulators with virtual keyboard.
Now if only they could make this built-in into the gp2x (maybe needs to remove the screen protection panel..)

From my understanding, these devices emulate mouse, i have used them on my self coded OS, which does not support USB, but works, like a usb mouse, if you set the BIOS to legace. So i can not see a problem getting it to work with gp2x.

Back