Happy as Larry, but a couple of issues

korky

Still Fresh
I have had the Pandy for a week now and loving it, especially all the old school emulators Amiga, Speccy, Neogeo and Mame. Not so happy with the PSX and N64 efforts; tried various overclocking etc to make them fly a bit better, pcsx rearmed is good when not using the GLES driver, but looks so much better when it is, however it runs too slow :( Any tips for better performance would be appreciated :) . Any how back to my issues:

1) Wifi, varying results of success depending on what router Im attached too, I have tried the following bits of kit:

Tenda cable router 802.11n: 4.5mb D, 1.0 U

Vodafone MIFI: 1.3mb D, 1.1 U

Dlink Wireless 802.11g AP: 0.3mb D 0.2U

Imac (intel) Internet Sharing: 0.3mb D 0.1U

I can handle the difference in speed but my beef is with the wifi dropping out during long transfers etc, all been said before, but the device would be so much better if this component was stable. I seem to recall OP were going to distribute a small USB wifi adapter when there were even worse issues with the internal Wifi, anyone recall what the model was and if it works better than the internal ?? I don't want one of those pendrive sized wifi adapters, a mini 802.11n would be best.

2) USB, although the nub mouse setup is adequate for short bursts I find a mouse to be better, so off I went and plugged in my usb hub and attached a mouse, yay mouse worked, well for a while. After around 10mins use the light goes of on the USB hub and bye bye mouse; only a re-beoot brings it back to life. Looks if the USB port is resetting for whatever reason. I hope this is not a duff port and the same thing won't happen with the USB wifi adapter??

Anyhow these 2 points aside and the odd glitch with learning how emulators function etc. I would recommend the Pandora to any of my Geeky mates.

All the best

Korky

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and I'm glad you like it. Tell all your Geeky mates that there is absolutely nothing that comes close to Pandora in terms of what it can do (portably and portable gaming control wise).

Back