Hardware capabilities based on new applications

MyPaint, perhaps? (also linked above by Caine)

Just really hard for me to know how good the pressure sensitivity is without trying it, but I do remain rather skeptical. I've been using Intuos tablets for about 14 years now, so I might just be hard to please. :p

Ahh, thanks for that - I shall check that out tonight :)

Last edited by a moderator:
3G or 4G is a must have for this device. You can surf on it everywhere. You can play online everywhere (the emulator supports this often). Maybe even send / read SMS which would be a great feature for this device (phoning sucks with it, but writing sms should be better than on a phone).

And it can become a "facebook / icq / msn / email" everywhere device which would attract a lot of kids, if they can put it into their pocket.

And it can become a "facebook / icq / msn / email" everywhere device which would attract a lot of kids, if they can put it into their pocket.

They can do that with their clevertelephones too :p

I've said this before, but building DVB/DAB/FM radio receiving gear would have 3 advantages:

The Pandora already has:

--the ability to play lots of codecs

--the ability to rip CDs/DVDs directly with an optical disk drive

--awesome battery life

--great sound quality

--pocketabilty

adding a 5" screen and digital TV/radio to that mix could gain it sales from the niche currently served by Cowon &friends

It would also make it unique for Linux geeks. Linux can support 3G dongles, GPS dongles, BT tethering to access hardware in 'phones; but there are veryx10^8 few DAB/DVB receivers that work with Linux. This would give the P2 a small monopoly.

Broadcast radio reception would allow you to access entertainment anywhere without eating download allowance, something that few other devices could match.

Back