Has Anyone Managed To Get Konami's Vendetta Working On Mame?

Duddyroar

I have what I believe to be the correct ROMset but it says there are files missing. I've download several versions from different sites but keep getting the same error.

Looks like an error with MAME. It's saying that 081u01 is missing, but I've checked and that isn't a required dump for the 'vendetta' romset.

So you got it working right?

081U01 is contained in vendettas.zip, just add it to the vendetta.zip.

I played it for a bit and speed is good though the moves seemed a bit limited.

I got it working now - but only thanks to your post! Cheers for the hint

It's not the best scrolling fighter in the world but I played it a lot as a kid so it has a special place in my heart :)

Glad to hear your playing it now and you were completely right that the 081U01 chip isn't even contained on that board. I don't know why MAME asks for it but oh well. I didn't mean to put Vendetta down, limit amount of moves are found in Double Dragon and Final Fight.

I want to get the two Capcom D&D games working and am considering looking into that clrmame pro because I need to clear up my roms.

Have you tried Final Burn Alpha? That runs the D&D games - plus pretty much every other CPS1 and CPS2 title - at a decent speed with sound.

Duddyroar said:
Have you tried Final Burn Alpha? That runs the D&D games - plus pretty much every other CPS1 and CPS2 title - at a decent speed with sound.

Very cool, thanks, that is exactly what I'll do. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Crookedmouth said:
So you got it working right?

081U01 is contained in vendettas.zip, just add it to the vendetta.zip.

I played it for a bit and speed is good though the moves seemed a bit limited.

hi! i have tried to download vendetta.zip along with all the roms for it, and still i can not play this game. what should i do, please?

hi! i have tried to download vendetta.zip along with all the roms for it, and still i can not play this game. what should i do, please?

the king said:

Find vendettas.zip

Copy all the files in vendettas.zip to your vendetta.zip

Copy new vendetta.zip to your SD card.

Should work.

Back