Has Anyone Used A Universal Power Adapter?

Megaframe

Still Fresh
I was just wondering if one can be used, or does it need to be a GP2X specific model? I really don't feel like waiting 2 weeks and spending 20 bucks just to flash my firmware.

I use a universal adapter and it works fine. just make sure it's compliant with the gp2x's specs and it should be fine:

1. 3Volts
2. At least 1000mA (mine's 1200mA, works great)
3. Check the polartiy is the right way round.

other than that you just need the right size plug and you should be good to go. :)

Thanx!, I just love the support people give eachother here, "the stuff you guys have here is great"-MasterShake

I use an 800 mA power supply I got at Radio Shack and it's fine.

I bought a 2A universal adapter just to be sure, and make sure its REGULATED, as mentionned before, if you want to check if its regulated then use a voltmeter and make sure your adapter is outputting the correct voltage, an unregulated 1000ma adapter will output 5.8volts when it is at 3volts.

I got mine for 10$ at a local electronics store

hclatwr posted on Feb 14 2006 at 11:55 PM said:
I bought a 2A universal adapter just to be sure, and make sure its REGULATED, as mentionned before, if you want to check if its regulated then use a voltmeter and make sure your adapter is outputting the correct voltage, an unregulated 1000ma adapter will output 5.8volts when it is at 3volts.

I got mine for 10$ at a local electronics store

Rubbish, mine put out 3 volts, but it went under a lot, causing a strobing effect on the screen. After putting in a homemade voltage regulator the little bugger went fine. :)

Allan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back