Has The Inside Of This Been Tampered With?

Necrosaro420

Still Fresh
I cant get the USB cable working that I ordered from some site that I seen on the boards, so I decided to open it up to make sure it was connected inside. This is what I seen, the blue/red wires. Has this been tampered with? If so, which mod is it? Can I just take these wires off? I cant get the USB cable working, nor can I get the GP Free Loader that is on it to load. Thanks

gp321.jpg

gp322.jpg

Thats strange, i have no idea what that mod is supposed to be.
Looks like the wires go from the voltage regulator to the smc slot, but why?

edit: actually it looks like the wires may not go anywhere but have resistors at the end, that would explain what they are for - over voltage mod for higher overclocking.

Reesy said:
Yep I agree its does look like a voltage mod.

http://www.pea.co.nz/gp32/mods.php#voltage

Don't remove the wires or you will bugger your GP32!

So removing the wires, wouldnt that make it back to normal, non overclocked? I just bought this thing, and ill do anything to get it working correctly. GP Free Loader wont load when I push the button and tell it to, and I cant get the USB working, though it appears the inside it is correctly connected =( Would removing those wires help with either of those?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not overcocked, it's overvolted. The overclocking has to be done in software. It's unlikely to have anything to do with freelauncher.

Yeah, that's an overvolt mod. Looks familiar, I did the same thing to my last GP32, except it looked a lot worse since I didn't have any electrical tape on hand and insulated it with masking tape. :lol:

See, those resistors on there are actually replacing the two that used to be on the board, so if you remove them, you'll have no power to the processor. They shouldn't be causing any USB issues though, so I don't really know what's going on there.

Back