has your xbox 360 red ringed?

I got it twice, first time I sent it in to Micro$oft for repairs. Second time, I nearly burned it and purchased a PS3. Then I realized the A/V cable was in wrong :lol:

Had my Xbox red ring about a month ago. Tried putting better thermal paste on and it didn't work. However my console was 5 years old so I just bought a new slim unit. I did buy a proper repair kit which I will give it a go and maybe make that my Hacks box if it comes back to life.

There's a reason why Apple doesn't use PowerPC anymore, and I think this is why.
I'm pretty sure it's not. The PowerPC Macs ran more-or-less permanently cool - it was practically an event if you ever heard the fan and felt any heat from them. :lol: I miss them.

The problem Apple had with PowerPC was that those chips were evolving far too slowly compared to the x86.

Moreover IIRC, Intel CPU were produced in larger quantities and so it was easier to get a steady supply.

A friend had a Powerbook G4 or G5, it was a great machine, really reactive.

I can't say that I miss the PowerPC, because I never owned a Powerbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only had 1 xbox red ring on me... and that was after 3 years! I guess I got lucky, I now own an xbox elite and seems like it will be able to avoid the red ring for some time. Although the DVD drive doesnt like to open sometimes... well if it's not one thing it's another. (Also if anyone is on Xbox Live, you can add me, Gamertag is Nivek10)

Back