Have I Missed Anything Important?

JWWargo

Still Fresh
Hey lovelies,

I've been hitchhiking a bunch and just spent 19 days in the Washington forest for the national Rainbow Gathering, so I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with the latest Pandora news. Rather than sift through piles of "Where's my Pandora!?!?" and "Does X work on it?" bullshit, I thought I'd ask the community directly if I missed anything important.

Loving how mine is holding up while traveling, but we still need some serious updating so we can unleash the full power of this beast.

Any word on a OS or Kernel upgrade? Anybody working on getting that DSP chip activated?

Hotfix 6 Alpha 4 is out, last full Hotfix until the next OS (Yar's Revenge) comes out. DSP is not running yet, we still don't know when it will be. Lots of new stuff (including some ports of classic PC games) on the Repo. Vektar, one of Craig's old games, has been ported to the Pandora. You just missed a game development competition that blessed the Pandora (and other open handhelds) with some awesome games! Get 'em here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be if it were any good. Not bashing Ari, he's got his work cut out for him. But I won't deny that improvements can certainly be made.

Oh, and Panorama by B-Zar is making lots of progress. Panorama is a simple interface in the vein of Minimenu; the big difference is, the customization is astounding. You can literally create something completely different in form and function with some relatively simple scripting (unlike Minimenu, which limits you to changing the graphics). The latest version has not been released yet, and it's still not ready for general use, but he hopes to have it in the next major OS release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back