Have some Q's about the Pandora's specs and what it can do.

Oh well I wasn't thinking about using it like that, see I'm going to major in piloting, so a good portion of my classes wouldn't be much like traditional classes. Notes would have to be hand-written or recorded to be efficient, which is what I'd prefer anyways. I was thinking more along the lines of scanning my notes and saving them on to the pandora, so if I need to reference them when I'm not near my notes then I could. Plus, when you're in flight school (And when you're an actual pilot), there's tons of websites you HAVE to reference to get information on certain atmospheric conditions, I've seen my friends who are in college for the same major feel the need to constantly go back to their dorm and double-check these things, if I had a Pandora, I could just check it along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well I wasn't thinking about using it like that, see I'm going to major in piloting, so a good portion of my classes wouldn't be much like traditional classes. Notes would have to be hand-written or recorded to be efficient, which is what I'd prefer anyways. I was thinking more along the lines of scanning my notes and saving them on to the pandora, so if I need to reference them when I'm not near my notes then I could. Plus, when you're in flight school (And when you're an actual pilot), there's tons of websites you HAVE to reference to get information on certain atmospheric conditions, I've seen my friends who are in college for the same major feel the need to constantly go back to their dorm and double-check these things, if I had a Pandora, I could just check it along the way.
For the note taking, I wonder if a smart pen would work on the Pandora.

For the note taking, I wonder if a smart pen would work on the Pandora.
Hmmm. You know how some touch-screen laptops have a screen that can sort of flip over so that you have a tablet? They should have something like that for the Pandora. That's the first thing that popped in to my head when you mentioned the pen, because drawing on something like a Nintendo DS or a Pandora is not as natural as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same exact thoughts that you had. "Hey! Why not use this awesome little linux PC to help me in college!". Not that good of an idea. While I was taking notes in one of my classes on my Pandora, I noticed that the professor was glaring at me every now and then, along with everyone in the class room. After class, the professor stopped me and said that it was very distracting having me playing on my "Nintendo DS" during class. I then had to explain to her that it was actually a miniature PC, and not a Nintendo DS. Although she understood, I decided to not use it for note taking, since it was automatically assumed that it was a DS, and not a linux PC.

Maybe you should use a mouse with your Pandora thus it can be told apart from a DS?

Back