Have You Encountered Any Defects On Your Pandora So Far?

Does your Pandora suffer from any hardware defects?

• Total voters

Alerino said:
the name of the line is 'claims of perfection made by creator of two-months-old product manufactured in a house by a small and low budget company'

FTFY

Last edited by a moderator:
So these 'nubs' that people are saying are faulty, is that including one-nubbers? I regard mine as not faulty, since I was told it was broken (and it nearly works)

Well, including the screen bezel without further explanations doesn't make much sense.
The bezel is slightly bent out on EACH unit (because we need to use copper tape for passing the CE), so that would make 100% of all units faulty.
Until we change the mould (which we can't do before that batch is out, or do you want to wait additional few months?), this won't change.
But in my opinion, it's not a big issue.
EVERY system has small isues like that.

The poll seems to be too complex for me to make sense... maybe it should be way more simpler to find out any proper results.

And thanks to the Bezel, it looks like the Pandora is a completely unusable device - 'cause on first look 80% have faulty Pandoras...

I surely won't try to hide any problems, but I don't think this poll will help anyone except for the Pandora-Haters.
I won't help us solve anything (since except for the minor bezel thing which can't be fixed completely at the moment, we fixed the rest of the hardware problems already).

So... umm... what use does this thread have? :)

EvilDragon said:
maybe it should be way more simpler to find out any proper results.
Even there... as satisfaid customer never repport their satisfaction, I'm already surprise that 7 others have reported their perfect pandora.

A pool on these boards cannot be trusted as a serious source of statistics data. It have been proven many times.
I'll trust more Jacquelyn data...

I agree that the poll is not conclusive by design, but I also woudn't go that far that it fuels Pandora haters. It's just one of those threads, but it's interesting none the less, imo.

mali said:
I agree that the poll is not conclusive by design, but I also woudn't go that far that it fuels Pandora haters. It's just one of those threads, but it's interesting none the less, imo.

No, not fuel them. But if more people are interested in Batch 2 and see this thread, the first thing they see is "80% faulty".
They don't know about WHAT is faulty and / or if it is already solved for future units, etc.

That is something that scares them off, I guess :)

Last edited:
^ I didn't see it that way till now, you are right. Maybe I should rename the topic, any suggestions?

just want to say, even with the problems of my pandora, I'm still very happy with my purchase and the worst part of the whole deal is going to be the part where I'm without my precious. :D

So you create a better mould, and future Pandora units have no bezel problem.

What part of that is supposed to make me happy?

SomeGuy99 said:

I have a very short list of people I won't read their post anymore... you made that list

sebt3 said:
SomeGuy99 said:

I have a very short list of people I won't read their post anymore... you made that list

:rolleyes:

Alerino said:
SomeGuy99 said:

the one that you can buy yourself an Iphone and be happy.

:rolleyes:

.. and then send Steve Jobs many emails that the phone calls drop if you hold your iPhone in your hand?
Whereas he will reply that that happens with all mobile phones and they have millions of USD expensive testing equipment as well as a lot of Ph. D. who test that damn thing... and that you should return it if you don't like it :D

Yeah but Steve started off working out of his garage, selling to a small customer base.

:p

SomeGuy99 said:
Yeah but Steve started off working out of his garage, selling to a small customer base.

That was at a time where I still liked him.

The press conference and doing more and more videos showing you can make receptions on other phones worse by weirdly gripping them to hide the fact that the iPhone 4 drops phone calls (something that doesn't happen with the other phones, just the reception is lowe, BTW) when you simply TOUCH it at the edge is so just ridiculous in my opinion :)
Yes, such things can happen (even with big companies)... but you have to stick to it and try to fix it. Not telling "It's not us! Every other device is the same!" (even if it isn't...)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
SomeGuy99 said:

The press conference and doing more and more videos showing you can make receptions on other phones worse by weirdly gripping them to hide the fact that the iPhone 4 drops phone calls (something that doesn't happen with the other phones, just the reception is lowe, BTW) when you simply TOUCH it at the edge is so just ridiculous in my opinion :)
Yes, such things can happen (even with big companies)... but you have to stick to it and try to fix it. Not telling "It's not us! Every other device is the same!" (even if it isn't...)

Wait... didn't you guys just say something to the effect of 'The Wifi bandwidth is pretty low, but all mobile devices are the same. The connectivity is brilliant, so it must be your router. Router manufacturers suck.'

And yet ironically, my original model Ipod Touch beats the Pandora for Wifi?

;)

I'm glad you're getting a guy onto it though Ed. Hope something good comes from his work.

Jobs is so weird and full of crap these days. The way Apple gracelessly drop support for older machines means I'm never buying anything of theirs again.

I must say, that I was very impressed by the amount of quality that exist in the Pandora. I expected the final units to be a lot worse in overall quality. I have had many electronic/gaming devices in my life, and the Pandora is not perfect, but it is DAMN GOOD!

It does suck that the team is having these early teething problems, and that many have been so vocal here on the forums, but it has only served to help identify problems, and to make this project better overall. Those people out there who think the ipod/phone is the end all be all of sleekness and design, will probably never like the Pandora.

I have always had an open mind when it comes to new and old technologies. I own a DS,PSP,ipod touch, Pandora and a G1 cell phone(plus many classic consoles). I can use anyone of these devices at anytime, and still use any other after the fact. I know many people who won't play games on the gameboy once the DS arrived. They just find the technology to dated after they have used something more high-tech. Many feel that way when it comes to new electronic toys, and that is fine, but the Pandora can do so many things right now, that I feel it can be more usefull to a wider audience if given the chance.

Sadly, it will never be for those consumers who have tunnel vision, but if you have an open mind, it is a truly wonderful one-of-a-kind device that may never be duplicated, and should be considered one of the best personal media gaming devices ever released! It may never get a shelf at the smithsonian in 50 years as I'm sure that will depend on it's impact over the next few years, but I would like to place my vote today! ;)

Chris

SomeGuy99 said:
Wait... didn't you guys just say something to the effect of 'The Wifi bandwidth is pretty low, but all mobile devices are the same. The connectivity is brilliant, so it must be your router. Router manufacturers suck.'

Not quite. We said that for the 950KB/s max speed someone got out of it.
Interestingly, the N900 (froem where the driver derived) has similar speed and also slows down using wget.
iPhone couldn't go higher than 1,2MB/s.
Haven't found any mobile device going higher than that.

THAT'S what I meant with the limit.

But speeds with 20 - 200KB/s definately is bad and needs to be fixed :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
SomeGuy99 said:

It's a good metaphor.

Craig looks like Steve Jobs.

He criticized the GP2X when Pandora has a worse quality.

Nintiendo1Spain said:
He criticized the GP2X when Pandora has a worse quality.

The GP2X had a FAR WORSE failure rate. And, given the crap joystick you could say that all GP2Xs were effectively broken!

Not mine though :) Dave C dpad mod! I tried it again yesterday for the first time in months.. worked great!

Nintiendo1Spain said:
Craig looks like Steve Jobs.

Nah, you are WAY off base, I think craig comes across more like Bernard Black from "Black Books", he's nothing like Steve Jobs.
:D
badbooks_wideweb__430x306.jpg

Back