Havin Trouble With My New Blu

martw80888

Still Fresh
Just got a BLU today (xmas pressie) so I'm really new to this stuff, please forgive me if anythin i'm askin has already been asked or has appeared in another discussion, feel free to take the piss if u like

My problem is I can't get anything to work. The free game (Dungeon & Guarder) that came with it works fine, but when I try and use the MP3 player (installed through GP32 Manager) or anything that I've downloaded, the console either freezes or just resets itself. This is driving me insane, and I'm getting bored of Dungeon & Guarder!! I'm also having trouble registering at gamepark.com, I understand the registration server is down, is it really necessary to register anyway? The site truly sucks, would it have been so hard for Gamepark to find a website designer who knows English, and can actually write it properly?

Can anyone help? Again apologies if this has already been covered

Cheers in advance :)

martw80888 posted on Dec 25 2004 at 08:06 PM said:
Just got a BLU today (xmas pressie) so I'm really new to this stuff, please forgive me if anythin i'm askin has already been asked or has appeared in another discussion, feel free to take the piss if u like

My problem is I can't get anything to work. The free game (Dungeon & Guarder) that came with it works fine, but when I try and use the MP3 player (installed through GP32 Manager) or anything that I've downloaded, the console either freezes or just resets itself. This is driving me insane, and I'm getting bored of Dungeon & Guarder!! I'm also having trouble registering at gamepark.com, I understand the registration server is down, is it really necessary to register anyway? The site truly sucks, would it have been so hard for Gamepark to find a website designer who knows English, and can actually write it properly?

Can anyone help? Again apologies if this has already been covered

Cheers in advance :)

don't need to register

Last edited by a moderator:
first stop

FAQ

read this

if you still have any questions then repost in this thread.

go to www.gp32eu.com there you shall find all the tools you need to install things.

do you have another smc other than the D&G one? i would recommend installing gpdrive first and then using this to install the rest of your stuff to the gp.

i have the same problem i didnt find the answer in the faq it plays some games but others will start up and it will then restart the system and what do i do with the games that have many files like gpwar i cant seem to play them :(

read the readme that accompanies each file

strictly speaking all files that you download will need to be placed in the folder GPMM, so you will have a .fxe and for games that have folders (usually) a folder with the same name as the .fxe with the various files inside of that.

make sure you are not overclocking your gp32, don't set the speed too high, test your gp32 first at 133mhz and then work up from there.

I had that problem, it's either:

1. You need fresh batteries, the ones that came with mine were crap.

2. Is there a seperate folder with the same name as the fxe, that needs to go in game or gpmm.

Post the software you're trying to use...

oh i see what i did wrong already fixed a few minutes ago though i only had the fxe on the smc

also how can i play nazca dreams it neads fenix and how do i run fenix sorry for all the quistions but i just got it like an hour ago and i have almost no clue as to what it is im doing

Download the fenix runtime from here and put it in the gpsys drectory.

PS Welcome to the scene. You're in for a great time with the GP32. It's a great little bit of kit.

oh thanks last one how do i use other characters in smashgp a copy the files from the zip to a new folder w/ the characters name and place them in the smash gp folder where the other characters are but the dont show up at the character select screen i dont know what i did wrong

na, just stick em in the smash gp folder, no need for its own folder.

OK, some things are workin, some arent tho, including the MP3 player that comes with the gp32 manager software however gpmad is workin so thats not a problem. I still cant get dr MD to work, it just resets the console, yet fgen works fine. Any ideas anyone? i am using another blank smc (128Mb), im not trying to cram stuff onto the D&G one.

Just tried beats of rage, thats tellin me i don't have enough memory, any pointers on that one? This whole thing seems quite hit and miss, looks like i need to spend some more time fiddlin about and learnin stuff.

martw80888 posted on Dec 26 2004 at 10:35 AM said:
looks like i need to spend some more time fiddlin about and learnin stuff.

you are so right

you have formatted the other smc correctly i assume, beats of rage is a weird one, make sure you are using the correct packs for it.

boxing day is always kinda slow, i'd recommend you d/l a load of apps, get a load of fresh batteries and just spend the day reading the faq, reading the readmes, browsing these forums and generally getting to know how the gp32 works!

martw80888 posted on Dec 26 2004 at 12:35 PM said:
Just tried beats of rage, thats tellin me i don't have enough memory, any pointers on that one? This whole thing seems quite hit and miss, looks like i need to spend some more time fiddlin about and learnin stuff.

That sounds like you got a PAK which doesn't work with the GP32.

The ones you find here are tested to work on your GP.

Also, if you download Beats of Rage here, there's a small readme with some basic instructions how to use the PAKs included.

Last edited:
Looks like I also need to invest in broadband, 30 odd megs over 56k dial-up? I don't think so, thanks for advice tho. The pak i've tried is the one that came on the CD that came with it from GBAX. I'm findin that a lot of the stuff on that disk isn't workin, especially irritating is dr.MD and OSNES9x, 2 of the reasons I wanted the thing in the first place, both of them just reset the console :( At least fgen works, but not with many roms. Any ideas?

Also, would flashing a new firmware help? If so which one?

martw80888 posted on Dec 26 2004 at 08:06 PM said:
Looks like I also need to invest in broadband, 30 odd megs over 56k dial-up? I don't think so, thanks for advice tho. The pak i've tried is the one that came on the CD that came with it from GBAX. I'm findin that a lot of the stuff on that disk isn't workin, especially irritating is dr.MD and OSNES9x, 2 of the reasons I wanted the thing in the first place, both of them just reset the console  :( At least fgen works, but not with many roms. Any ideas?

Also, would flashing a new firmware help? If so which one?

No don't flash firmware. If there is a error while doing it you will destroy the GP32 and it won't boot up at all anymore.

For DrMD it is really a robust emulator and it works very well. Just make sure that you have the DrMD.fxe in GPMM, and your ROMz in GPMM/Genesis. If using .ZIP for the ROMs make sure the name in the zip file is the goodgen filename otherwise you will get only one character for the game name but the game will still load. Also make sure that the DrMD is set to 133Mhz first, anything higher may reset if your GP32 doesn't go higher.

Also focus on one thing at a time to get working. Jumping around to all different stuff will be daunting.

Beats of Rage is finicky. Even I can't get that to work after the second or third beta version (the versions where you could select a different MOD). I just get an error or reset.

Don't flash firmware on BLU+'s, the one that is on there is the only one that works.
Fenix comes in BLU and BLU+ version, so use the one you need. Dr.MD has an option for both types of BLU.

Beats Of Rage works ok for me, but I've only tried Goits Of Rage and that Simpsons one which are only around 5 megs each. Remember to set the variables
up in the .INI.

example:

speed = 1750 ' How fast the game goes.
gor.pak = Goits Of Rage ' Associates names with pak files, you need to do this or no files are detected.

Back