Having a problem with my s601

topvicious

Still Fresh
Hi guys sorry i been a way for a while, i have low storage on my jxd and i cannot access it, everytime i go into diskmode

my internal drive shows up as a blank drive. and the dialog box comes up and tell me to format the drive.

:(

I dont want to lose everything i am so depressed about this..

sounds like it got corrupted... this is the internal flash partition not a external microSD correct?

I had a microSD go out on me onetime... had my entire collection on it of savegames and roms... no backups... most depressing day in my adult life, did teach me to have a backup somewhere, I now have my stash on external HDD and backed up online.

as far as what to do, maybe some linux guru can come in and tell you what tool can be used to try and recover that partition. unfortunately I am not that linux guru, recovery, especially recovery within linux is not my strong suit

however for that linux guru that would pray help, they should know that busybox comes installed by default on the flavor of android that comes on his JXD S601 and it should have the utilities he needs

http://busybox.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you unquote the debug mode in the parameters ?

USB Debug Mode bro?

sounds like it got corrupted... this is the internal flash partition not a external microSD correct?

I had a microSD go out on me onetime... had my entire collection on it of savegames and roms... no backups... most depressing day in my adult life, did teach me to have a backup somewhere, I now have my stash on external HDD and backed up online.

as far as what to do, maybe some linux guru can come in and tell you what tool can be used to try and recover that partition. unfortunately I am not that linux guru, recovery, especially recovery within linux is not my strong suit

however for that linux guru that would pray help, they should know that busybox comes installed by default on the flavor of android that comes on his JXD S601 and it should have the utilities he needs

http://busybox.net/

This is the Internal flash partition, thank god it's not my SD card i got tons of games and apps installed on there!

I am going to try out the busybox so its like a backup recovery. I am trying it on my netbook hopefully i don't lose

anything bro :'( This is so sad... I can access the roms on my interenal drive

This is the Internal flash partition, thank god it's not my SD card i got tons of games and apps installed on there!

I am going to try out the busybox so its like a backup recovery. I am trying it on my netbook hopefully i don't lose

anything bro :'( This is so sad... I can access the roms on my interenal drive

busybox is a set of linux command line tools, I was just saying that you already have it installed on the handheld because there's not a lot of android fans here, but there's quite a few linux users

reasoning behind this was if someone knew how to recover a corrupted HDD partition in linux, it should also work for you

nobody has chimed in so I guess it doesn't matter

Oh well, seems like everything locked up and i had to reformat oh well... For some reason i reformated the Internal Memory and it shows that i have

2gb after format it should be way more than that i don't understand what's wrong man... :(

Back