Having Problems With Picodrive 132

Bloodsack

Website
Visit site
When I play any of the FMV games like Revenge of the Ninja, Road Avenger, Cobra Command it buffers all the time. I've tried every opinion for readhead buffer, better sync is on. I've use pretty much every cpu speed too and if it don't buffer it skips alot??

I have a sandisk. I use 1gig and 2 gig and they do it on both?

anyone know the best settings for the pico Sega CD FMV games?

Thanks

This is because of GP2X itself, SD card access costs too much CPU time. If you are using 2.0.0 firmware, try upgrading to at least 2.1.1.

I had firmware 2.1.0 and upgraded today. The upgarde seemed to happen? the funny thing is....It says ver 2.1.1 in the settings/info of the system, but at start up it still says ver 2.1.0? weird??? and it's still skips.

Bloodsack said:
I have a sandisk. I use 1gig and 2 gig and they do it on both?
Are they high-speed cards? I had a generic sandisk that was slower than molasses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloodsack said:
Yeah their sandisk. what are the best SD cards for speed?
Anything as long as the speed is 100x or more I guess, I am not sure.

There is a thread around with the info, and maybe Anandtech or someone has benchmarked a bunch of cards.

I have no buffering problems, i am using a normal Kingston 1 GB.
I am with firm 2.1.1

Rivroner said:
I have no buffering problems, i am using a normal Kingston 1 GB.
I am with firm 2.1.1
"Normal" Kingston and cheapo Sandisk are not the same, the Sandisk must be using an outdated technology just to sell off the rest of the stock.

High-speed is at least rated, and I used a 140x A-Data, they are a bit flimsier, but if you get a 4GB you won't be taking it out much. And they are quite a bit cheaper.

Bloodsack said:
I had firmware 2.1.0 and upgraded today. The upgarde seemed to happen? the funny thing is....It says ver 2.1.1 in the settings/info of the system, but at start up it still says ver 2.1.0? weird??? and it's still skips.
Your upgrade to firmware 2.1.1 hasn't worked. You have to make sure you hold down start and select while switching the GP2X on.

Hey I just tried an AMV game called Snatcher and I can't even play the game because it dosent get passed the copyright screen. I'm using Firmware 2.1.0 and a normal 1GB SandiskCard. Anyone know whats up?

EDIT: Oh, never mind! I just tried it out on an older version of PicoDrive and it ran fine.

Shifty said:
Hey I just tried an AMV game called Snatcher and I can't even play the game because it dosent get passed the copyright screen. I'm using Firmware 2.1.0 and a normal 1GB SandiskCard. Anyone know whats up?

EDIT: Oh, never mind! I just tried it out on an older version of PicoDrive and it ran fine.
You probably had "PCM sound" option disabled in Sega/Mega CD options, the game should work with the latest version.

Back