Headphone Volume Adapter

The black ones suit the matte black of the F200, and vice versa with the F200, so they are pretty aesthetically pleasing, and I'm certain they'd work, albeit be a little chunky.

i'm not sure those will work. they are tip-ring-ring-sleeve, and wired slightly different (to send microphone over the wire). whether it works depends on which ring the mic is on. if you want to be on the safe side, get a normal tip-ring-sleeve kind. just look for a normal headphone "inline volume control" or "attenuator".

the koss vc20 should work. there might be an issue with the fact that the plug is a right angle since the gp2x headphone jack is slightly recessed. i haven't had this problem with my headphones though, and they have a right angle plug.

For £1.99, I'd say to go with them. Alternatively, just snip your headphone cord and put a variable resistor (pot) inline.

I like the look of the Koss VC20, rokdcasbah! I think the iPhone adapters would also work and that the rings are definitely in the right place, because other wise this would not be possible.

The only difference I can see between an iPhone compatible plug and a standard 3.5mm plug is that the iPhone plug pushes deeper inside the device. Could this be a problem for a GP2X? Probably not, but it may just be easier to go with the Koss VC20.

no if anything deeper is better because the gp2x is similar in that the jack is deep in the case and the excess plastic can get in the way.

i'd go with the auctions like squidge said if they stay cheap, but i notice that the shipping on the first one is 7.50 or something.

it's a simple thing, no risk of damage to anything afaik, it'll either sound good or sound bad.

you could also, like CoMiKe says, get a pair of headphones with the attenuator built in, since that's much easier to shop for and cheaper, and just do some quick surgery. then again, if you don't have a soldering iron, that's another 10 bucks, so...just whatever's cheaper i guess.

Thanks for all the help, guys. I'm impressed with the surgery that CoMiKe did. It's what I would want if I had skills and the soldering iron. Those crappy Chinese earphones have good volume controls actually, better than the more expensive brands as they can go much quieter.

edit: typo

Believe me, imhotep... I'm not even near to be a soldering expert, I'm useless with my hands. :lol:

It's just cutting the cord near the headphones, and the soldering 3 cables to the female stereo jack.

You don't need to know absolutely nothing neither be skilful to do it. :D

You only need a soldering iron, a little of tin and some patience!

Good luck if you try it! ;)

I am going to buy the Shure EA650 adapter. It's just like CoMike's without the surgery. I think this product might appeal to many people on these forums as it doesn't have the excessive cord length of the Koss VC20 or the Chinese iPhone adapters.

Back