Help choosing new Android tablet

Garrett

Advanced Member
I'm in the market for a new Tablet after my N7 recently took an unplanned arse over end trip down a long flight of stairs, anyways..

I've a fairly healthy budget & was looking at something larger/higher spec like the Nexus 10 or maybe even Transformer Pad Infinity TF700

What do you guys think, are there others worth looking at & should I buy now or wait for the Tegra 4 devices which I believe are a little over a couple of months away?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can wait 4 months I'd wait for the T4.  Otherwise a cheap tablet thats on the market now is the 10" cube U30GT2 RK3188 Quad Core. IT's the latest Rockchip SOC thats supposedly 30% faster than a T3 - Antutu 18000.  It also has an IPS screen and 32gb storage for $274 US delivered.

Might be a good make shift tablet while your waiting.  ID read the reviews about it first though, it's only new on the market so get some idea of what its like.

http://www.cube-tablet.com/cube-u30gt-rk3188-quad-core-tablet-pc-10-retina-android-4-1-white.html

Thanks guys I was kinda leaning towards waiting for the T4's but I'll certainly check out that cube U30GT2 in the meantime..

EDIT:

Well, it looks great for the price & the general consensus seems pretty good & I would probably have picked one up, if I could find them for sale anywhere in the UK.

Kinda odd as the U30GT is available at quite a few places incl Amazon.

T4 wait it is then, damn! I really miss my Pinball games..

Here's a video for others that may be interested (& don't reside in a third world country)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fPQGIzFLnVg?feature=oembed

might want to consider merimobiles website Garrett.

I've had a few Chinese tablets sent to me from them guys, including a Cube one, they'll sell that model if you decide to get it.

they are based in Canada and post to us here in UK.

pretty quick turnaround times and I've had no problems with them ever

might want to consider merimobiles website Garrett.

I've had a few Chinese tablets sent to me from them guys, including a Cube one, they'll sell that model if you decide to get it.

they are based in Canada and post to us here in UK.

pretty quick turnaround times and I've had no problems with them ever
Thanks for that, free worldwide shipping too..

I'm not really up to speed with these Chinese tablets can someone help me decide between these two: Onda V972 or the Cube U30GT II (or is there something better for around &200)

the allwinner has faster gpu but the rockchip has faster cpu, on the support side, I want to believe that the rockchip will get more attention especially from the free software aspect(mali 400 gpu drivers) and the community "seems" to prefer mali-gpu compared to powervr among other things when making custom roms. The allwinner has better video decoding hardware, decodes 4k or 4x hd streams easily and the onda does have the same/similar panel to the ipad. It also seems like the onda might be easier to find atm. stream of consciousness people...

Back