Help Me With Artwork And Audio ;)

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
I know theres a dev forum, but I thought it might be permissible to go for the wider audience. If some good info pops up, maybe I'll repost there for future reference for folks.

Art:

I've got a pixel artist who is doing awesome, but I need some help with making 'portrait' artwork .. the little headshots that appear at various times. Consider an RPG that shows a headshot of player, or enemy, duireing talking or combat. (This isn't an RPG, but thats the idea.) Hand-drawn type stuff, perhaps anime style.. or castlevania type style. Very small headshots in terms of pixels, but I coudl use anywhere form say 3 to 30 little portraits for varioius things. Let me know if you can hand draw and have a scanner, or can do it using some drawing package :) Hopefully some skill, as this is going to be a pretty good looking piece of work I hope :)

Audio:

I've always been very weak with audio; I've got a friend who may do music, but I coudl use sound effects; I know there are some sound effect generating tools out there, but I've no idea what they would be or where to look. Anyone know offhand some tools for making up sounds .. like little explosions, claps, thuds, snaps, that sort of thing.

PM me :)

jeff

I'll have an alpha in not too long I think .. a few days and people can see what I'm working on :)

I can lend a hand if your in need of any audio work done. I haven't much experience in Sound FX in particular, but that's not to say I can't experiment as I do have moderate knowledge of sound plugins. However, if you are in need of atmospheric, background music, I believe my experience would prove to be useful if you are planning to have any music in your project.

I can compose a wide variety of music and to list a few here are some of my projects. You'll have to forgive me on their quality though; I usually never finish a personal song due to me jumping on to new ideas all the time and as a result, it may not sound 'polished' with sparkles all over for your auditory pleasure. Suffice to say, these clips will demonstrate some of my versatility and experience in audio production.

Electronic Ambiance:
http://senduit.com/978798

Orchestral:
http://senduit.com/7f98d1

Acoustical:
http://senduit.com/188b77

skeezix said:
I know theres a dev forum, but I thought it might be permissible to go for the wider audience. If some good info pops up, maybe I'll repost there for future reference for folks.

Art:

I've got a pixel artist who is doing awesome, but I need some help with making 'portrait' artwork .. the little headshots that appear at various times. Consider an RPG that shows a headshot of player, or enemy, duireing talking or combat. (This isn't an RPG, but thats the idea.) Hand-drawn type stuff, perhaps anime style.. or castlevania type style. Very small headshots in terms of pixels, but I coudl use anywhere form say 3 to 30 little portraits for varioius things. Let me know if you can hand draw and have a scanner, or can do it using some drawing package :) Hopefully some skill, as this is going to be a pretty good looking piece of work I hope :)

Audio:

I've always been very weak with audio; I've got a friend who may do music, but I coudl use sound effects; I know there are some sound effect generating tools out there, but I've no idea what they would be or where to look. Anyone know offhand some tools for making up sounds .. like little explosions, claps, thuds, snaps, that sort of thing.

PM me :)

jeff

I'll have an alpha in not too long I think .. a few days and people can see what I'm working on :)

Yeppo, give us an art task and I'll see what I can rumage up...

Last edited by a moderator:
hey,

can someone confirme this :
we are allawed to use sounds from the freesounds project in our games as long as we provide a link to the license on the website and mention the author

am i correct with this ? cause that license is just chinese to me with all those technical terms . It isn't very clear to me

joyrider said:
hey,

can someone confirme this :
we are allawed to use sounds from the freesounds project in our games as long as we provide a link to the license on the website and mention the author

* You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
* You may not use this work to advertise for or promote anything but the work you create from it.
* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

Yep, it certainly seems that way, My take on it is that you need to link to the following page from your website/readme/whatever:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/

Also, if the original creator of the sound has any specific requests/demands/requirements, then you should adhere to those too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back