Help Needed With Bluetooth Audio

mvickers03

Hi, This has been mentioned in another thread but I though it could help posting a new thread

Is there anyone that could possibly help? My new bluetooth speakers are really cool and would love to set this up properly.

I got these bad boys LINK I tried them out on my iPhone and they are very nice, would recommend to anyone who wants a bit more beefy sound on the go

These are Really good quality for there size and run 12hours from internal rechargeable battery I would be very very grateful if someone could help as I bought these especially for my Pandora. They have next track buttons as well but would like sound output to bluetooth for now and worry about the other features later. Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Edit just thought I'd add I need to be able to change to and from Internal and Blutooth. someone mentioned making a bash script and I don't know how to do that I assume it would be similar to making a BAT file in windows but I know zero Linux commands.

Fixed broken link

mvickers03 said:
Hi, This has been mentioned in another thread but I though it could help posting a new thread

Is there anyone that could possibly help? My new bluetooth speakers are really cool and would love to set this up properly.

I got these bad boys http://www.svp.co.uk...e-speakers.html I tried them out on my iPhone and they are very nice, would recommend to anyone who wants a bit more beefy sound on the go

These are Really good quality for there size and run 12hours from internal rechargeable battery I would be very very grateful if someone could help as I bought these especially for my Pandora. They have next track buttons as well but would like sound output to bluetooth for now and worry about the other features later. Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Edit just thought I'd add I need to be able to change to and from Internal and Blutooth. someone mentioned making a bash script and I don't know how to do that I assume it would be similar to making a BAT file in windows but I know zero Linux commands.

Two things: For a temporary workaround with BT audio, go to your home dir ( you get there just by opening the file manager also make sure you have hidden file view enabled ) and make a copy of .asoundrc somewhere in there put this at the end of one of them:

Code:
pcm.!default {
type bluetooth
}

^
What i do is switch the name to .asoundrc1 and or asoundrc2 and take off the number based on what "mode" I wish to use at the time. It works for me, may not for you.

After that reload your music player ( or reboot outright sometimes i have to do that ) and boom, BT audio out =)

Second thing is, please fix your linky =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for that and thanks for the quick reply I'm nearly there,

I have done that, now whenever I load a video anything video/game/music I hear it come out of the BT speakers for less than a second then the app crashes, I tried puting it back to how it was previous and it went back to normal

Any ideas

PS fixed the link if you fancied a look :)

Edit: I have had some luck actually but not perfect. Sometimes I can get it to play MP3's fine I have had no luck when playing games or watching vids it just freezes the app.

Edit 2: I had some more luck when OC'ing it seems the crash is when CPU usage is high. I can now watch videos or play music through Bluetooth @ 850Mhz, some games work too but not PSX4Pandora which is my intended use. I guess I'll have to wait for official support for that.

Cheers for the help :)

mvickers03 said:
Thanks a lot for that and thanks for the quick reply I'm nearly there,

I have done that, now whenever I load a video anything video/game/music I hear it come out of the BT speakers for less than a second then the app crashes, I tried puting it back to how it was previous and it went back to normal

Any ideas

PS fixed the link if you fancied a look :)

Edit: I have had some luck actually but not perfect. Sometimes I can get it to play MP3's fine I have had no luck when playing games or watching vids it just freezes the app.

Edit 2: I had some more luck when OC'ing it seems the crash is when CPU usage is high. I can now watch videos or play music through Bluetooth @ 850Mhz, some games work too but not PSX4Pandora which is my intended use. I guess I'll have to wait for official support for that.

Cheers for the help :)

no problem! Glad i could help you out there. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back