Help Needed...

I was just about to Get Moviepark from entware, and was going to use my mums credit card (as i am only 15), I was just about to enter the details when my Mum came in and asked if this site is secure? i said yeah, but then realised that it was not secure because it does not have the little lock in the corner. Now She dosent want to pay, because she thinks it might be a con. Is there any way of making it secure without sighning up for paypal or anything?

Cheers :huh:

its easy enough to do - except they may have to fork out for license keys. --so is your Mum looking https ?

timthepig posted on May 3 2003 said:
its easy enough to do - except they may have to fork out for license keys. --so is your Mum looking https ?
What do you mean? its just my mum dosent trust sites without the little lock at the bottom of the screen

Last edited by a moderator:
"https" is the secure version of webpages... The padlock thingy is displayed when you're accessing an https page, so yes, your mum is lookijng for https (even if she's never been told the wording for it) :).

As to where else you can get moviepark, I have no idea... I'm looking into it myself as I don;t have a card the system accepts - I'm a student and I could do terrible things with a credit card :)

How many people here have bought movie park? A lot.

How many people here have had credit card problems? None.

Save yourself some problems down the road and just kill the bitch now.

Flack posted on May 3 2003 said:
Save yourself some problems down the road and just kill the bitch now.
Lol

chunk-e-munk-e posted on May 3 2003 said:
I was just about to Get Moviepark from entware, and was going to use my mums credit card (as i am only 15), I was just about to enter the details when my Mum came in and asked if this site is secure? i said yeah, but then realised that it was not secure because it does not have the little lock in the corner. Now She dosent want to pay, because she thinks it might be a con. Is there any way of making it secure without sighning up for paypal or anything?

Cheers :huh:
Hi,

I use the web browser called Opera v6.05, Won`t use that IE crap, Worse than a teabag. :(

Anyway I have bought items off of entware and the site is secure from what i have experienced.

Anyone with Opera v6.05? If so try this to see if the site is secure if anyone is at all worried about this.

Go through the usual procedure to purchase a game, Until the processing window come`s up. Don`t fill any thing in, As this is just a test.

With the submit your credit card window still active, Go to the view menu, Then address, Then click top.

The address bar will come up in the top of the active window and you should see the padlock and 3 green squares, Indicating that the server/site is set to maximum 128bit security.

Hope this eases peoples minds, It does mine. :)

Regards

Trooper

Just putting in your name etc. isn't secure. As soon as it gets to the credit card display you should see a padlock on pretty much any browser except Lynx :) For instance ... Mozilla has a padlock on the bottom, just left of the resize handle. IE and Opera have their own methods. Also look out for https... although the site might use it's own custom encryption.

Just start a new bank account and put the money you are willing to spend on it. That way you cannot lose your entire savings if something did screw up, that's what I do. On a side note key-loggers etc are a far worse concern than the encryption.

Didnt you read my whole message, im only 15, i cannot get a credit card. So is there any way of showing my mum that the site is secure?

Chunk, if needed I can supply you with a scan of my bankreceipt of the creditcardtransaction with Entware.

Just tell here that the little padlock dosen't mean that it is secure, and it usually isn't either. Because sites usually use 3rd party services to pay (even big ones) and once you paid, the 3rd party sends credit card info via e-mail unencrypted. (but of course don't tell her if you think it will make her stop trusting the whole i-net :p)

Entware's payment page is third party - also appears in an IE window with no status bar or navigation bar, and you can't right click and get a context menu. I would have thought that it is more than likely a secure page (hope so! I've bought stuff from here!).

Also,

Just tell here that the little padlock dosen't mean that it is secure, and it usually isn't either. Because sites usually use 3rd party services to pay (even big ones) and once you paid, the 3rd party sends credit card info via e-mail unencrypted.

As far as I know this isn't at all true. The whole point of using third party payment providers is that they do the whole transaction for the company, charge them a comission fee, then pay the rest into the businesses account. Kind of like being paid by paypal (you never see the payer's card number yourself, even though the money ends up in your account).

Craig can probably shed a little more light on the whole process as he uses worldpay, one of the biggest British third party payment companies.....

Hi Chunk-e-munk-e

Basically (as the guy said above) on almost every shopping website they use a Company in beetween to sort out the payments, so the people that are getting your money never actually get to see your credit card details. Entware use NbluePay (a very reliable company which is used on a lot of shopping sites including Amazon, ToysRus, and Lik-sang) So your Credit card details will never actually be seen or accesed by the owners of Entware. If you still are a bit wary i will (like the other dude) send you a scanned image of my bank recipt from entware showing that they only took the mony that was needed. And if you need any more persuading then go on the Internet complaints site (who deal with internet fraud), You will see here that entware have not had one single complaint, or alternativly ask anyone on this board
Hope this helps

Wicky

Back