Help Please

baz2963

Still Fresh
New to forum and Gp2X so please be patient. I am trying to load my 1gb SD card with stuff, however when I put the card into the GP2X nothing is showing. I put the SD card back into the PC and all the files names have changed and gone corrupt ?

Please help

Did you format the SD card before you started putting things on it? And are you putting it in after turning the GP2X because whenever I do that no files show on the SD Card.

Many answers to your question are stickied at the very top of this forum. Next time look around first at least, and do a search.

Yes I formatted the card "fat32" and I am only installing the card with the maching turned off ??

DBH posted on Jul 20 2006 at 11:26 AM said:
Have you got a card reader? If so make sure you format the SD card in the card reader.

My laptop has a card reader built in and I formatted it through this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reason I asked because sometimes the internal card readers or formatting on the GP2X can cause problems with the card and formatting with an external card reader is the way to go. But in this case the problem is probably related to your card.

Jaguarandine posted on Jul 20 2006 at 11:52 AM said:
Many answers to your question are stickied at the very top of this forum. Next time look around first at least, and do a search.

The guy said he was new and to be patient.
Give him a break, will you.
How do we expect to get more people using the GP2X
when the first place they look for help i.e. here the get abused.

dontspam, I don't think that he was being rude or abusive with that reply. It wasn't COURTEOUS, but it wasn't anything near some of the replies I've seen earlier to help requests. It was a factual reply with some helpful information. I wouldn't have reacted to that.

Magnulus posted on Jul 20 2006 at 01:59 PM said:
dontspam, I don't think that he was being rude or abusive with that reply. It wasn't COURTEOUS, but it wasn't anything near some of the replies I've seen earlier to help requests. It was a factual reply with some helpful information. I wouldn't have reacted to that.

O.K.

Can we all just show a little bit of respect and patience in future please.

Rant over.

Back