GP2X Help With Compiling With Dev-cpp

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Website
Visit site
EDIT AGAIN:

It compiled! Yay! Now I just need a GP2X to run it on.

Never mind, should have one by next Tuesday!

I've converted the single-player Pong game into a 2-player pong game (in under five minutes, yay), so now I need a GP2X to test it on :(

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Dec 1 2005 at 07:08 PM said:
OK at here it is at but it's a dynamic IP so it might not last for long...

Pong2player.gpe

Pong2plauncher.gpu

Of course, I don't know if it will work :p

By the way, thanks evening2005 for your Pong code!

No problem. That's why I put it there.

nickspoon posted on Dec 1 2005 at 07:08 PM said:
OK at here it is at but it's a dynamic IP so it might not last for long...

Pong2player.gpe

Pong2plauncher.gpu

Of course, I don't know if it will work :p

By the way, thanks evening2005 for your Pong code!

I tried it, but it doesn't work. Not sure why... ? I notice that your .gpe is way smaller than mine - did you perhaps not compile it as static? If someone else can get it working, that would indicate a problem with the installation of the SDL libs on my GP2X. Rather than mess about with that, I've been compiling everything I try with -static.

nickspoon posted on Dec 1 2005 at 08:20 PM said:
OK, that should be fixed. Links are same as before. Thanks again to evening2005 for his code.

Hehehe! Very nice. I had a very good game of left-hand versus right-hand.

Your pong2plauncher.gpu doesn't work. Did you edit it in Windows? It's probably got CRLFs on the ends of the lines instead of just the LF that Linux wants.

Yes, I did, I see that Notepad converts LFs to CRLFs even if you don't edit them.

EDIT: The launcher is fixed, enjoy the Pongness!

EDIT AGAIN: A zip file containing the two files required to play can now be found in the File Archive, here. Enjoy!

I can't get it to work: it's giving me a segmentation fault on startup (before joystick init, appararently).

Titousensei posted on Dec 2 2005 at 06:47 AM said:
I can't get it to work: it's giving me a segmentation fault on startup (before joystick init, appararently).
You're getting a "segmentation fault"? How do you know? Is it spitting out a text file? If so, can you reproduce it here?

evening2005 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 10:11 AM said:
You're getting a "segmentation fault"? How do you know? Is it spitting out a text file? If so, can you reproduce it here?

I changed the .gpu like this:

./pong2player.gpe 3 > out.txt 2>&1
sync
#Re-load the GP2X menu on exit
cd /usr/gp2x
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

It's only printing 2 line without any information:
- segfault (SDL_parachute deployed)
- joystick init

I don't have the actual file here, but there's nothing else in it.

Titousensei posted on Dec 2 2005 at 06:07 PM said:
evening2005 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 10:11 AM said:

I changed the .gpu like this:

./pong2player.gpe 3 > out.txt 2>&1
sync
#Re-load the GP2X menu on exit
cd /usr/gp2x
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

It's only printing 2 line without any information:
- segfault (SDL_parachute deployed)
- joystick init

I don't have the actual file here, but there's nothing else in it.

Nice idea! Whenever I see "segfault (SDL_parachute deployed)" it usually means that one of the images is missing. (You'd get the same message for missing sounds, but there are none in Pong).

evening2005 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 01:08 PM said:
Nice idea! Whenever I see "segfault (SDL_parachute deployed)" it usually means that one of the images is missing. (You'd get the same message for missing sounds, but there are none in Pong).

Doh! I did not realize the executable required images from another package. Got'em, it works now. Small bug, it seems: the left cursor keeps moving after Joy_down is released, unlike for for the other keys. Anybody can confirm that?

Nice concept for multiplayer, though. I'll try it with m daughter when I have a chance.

Thanks.

Back