Help With Speccyal K....

lubidog

Am so emabarresed to be posting a second question. Believe me I've been getting on fine on my own after the kind help starting me off, and have loved trawling through this forum-what a great bunch of guys/gals ye all are! Can't believe that people are out there writing these emulators etc! Tell me where to donate etc...

But, speccyal k is giving me a few probs, can anyone advise? I've got a stack of spectrum files. I play them with the great speculator. I've installed Speccyal k exactly correctly, works fine. But the only game it finds in the gp\speccy folder is lords of midnight. And when I look in the folder on my smc, the roms are still all formatted with the speculator logo, except lords of midnight (actually there are two lords of Mid files there, but I only put one of them in....?) All my files are from worldofspectrum, and are as far as i know tape images.

Any ideas?

And I really have trawled thro the forum, promise......

Cheers

Lubi

I'm not sure how this will be taken by the community as a whole, but I'll give it a shot:

Have you tried Rlyeh's zx emu? It truly rocks, and is very easy to load games; simply choose the game from a list, press A and voila! I use .TAP files, also from WorldOfSpectrum.

I only say this bcause I've never tried Speccyal K.

Wow, tried that, got one other game to load, but normally the unit just goes to the spectrum opening screnn....?

My paypal address is waiting to line Ryhl (???) 's pockets, if it only would work..........................

thanks for the reply!

Lub

Did you create a ZX folder, and put your .TAP files in that folder?

Are the .ZIP files seperate; one file per .ZIP?

trooper posted on Feb 26 2005 at 12:36 AM said:
You could also try zxgp32, Which is the only one i use. I have tried Speccyal K but found it very confusing to use, I couldn`t even find out how to load game files :huh: .

Get zxgp32 from here:
http://www.pdroms.de/file_details.php?fn=1903

Trooper

Why not use fZX? Certainly it is much better than that old zxgp32 one.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Feb 26 2005 at 03:43 AM said:
trooper posted on Feb 26 2005 at 12:36 AM said:
You could also try zxgp32, Which is the only one i use. I have tried Speccyal K but found it very confusing to use, I couldn`t even find out how to load game files :huh: .

Get zxgp32 from here:
http://www.pdroms.de/file_details.php?fn=1903

Trooper

Why not use fZX? Certainly it is much better than that old zxgp32 one.

I`ve not needed to try fzx, As zxgp32 does everything i need atm. :)

Trooper

TelcoLou posted on Feb 26 2005 at 12:38 AM said:
Did you create a ZX folder, and put your .TAP files in that folder?

Are the .ZIP files seperate; one file per .ZIP?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did create the zx folder, but my files have long ago been unzipped.....

I'm a huge Speccy fan and i find Rylehs emulator to be the best by far.

Speccyal just takes way to long to load the list of games each time and fzx32 has much better features.

If it wont go past the initial front screen it sounds like one of the files could be overwritten. It sounds like the file zx32.ini in the ZX folder has been corrupted. This happened to mine and it just stuck on the main screen.

Delete this file and then start again.

Its best to have the game files in zip format but it doesnt matter if you dont. The emulator automatically sets itself to Kempston or Cursor so choose one of them for the games.

Tons of very good games available for this.

Tons of very good games available for this.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the help. I'm getting closer-lots of games loading. But only those that have redefine keys can I play! Is there any way to play and map the keys to our joysticks?

I's so unbelievably fantastic to be able to play speecy on the move!!! Who'd have thought of that 20 years ago. Is there a thread with favourite spectrum games around here? Maybe encourage the Americans to dip their toes.

Cheers

Lub

(Ii need to play 3d death chase! If I could, and show it around, just think how many gp32s I'd sell...)

@ lubidog, People are saying i have chosen an OLD beta spectrum emulator to use, Instead of the newer zx emulators. Well, I`ve just tried 3D Death Chase and it works, Plays and controls purfectly with zxgp32.

Zxgp32 only accepts .z80 and .sna files, but not .tzx files. They will have to be converted to .z80 or .sna files with Spectaulator of some other emulator.

Trooper

trooper posted on Feb 26 2005 at 11:50 AM said:
@ lubidog, People are saying i have chosen an OLD beta spectrum emulator to use, Instead of the newer zx emulators. Well, I`ve just tried 3D Death Chase and it works, Plays and controls purfectly with zxgp32.

Zxgp32 only accepts .z80 and .sna files, but not .tzx files. They will have to be converted to .z80 or .sna files with Spectaulator of some other emulator.

Trooper

K,

I think i've got the file bit now!

Was it great? To play 3d death chase again?

Lub

lubidog posted on Feb 26 2005 at 01:08 PM said:
trooper posted on Feb 26 2005 at 11:50 AM said:

Trooper

K,

I think i've got the file bit now!

Was it great? To play 3d death chase again?

Lub

Yep, Brought back some good memories, I almost got carried away. :p

Btw, Which emulator are you going to use ?

Trooper

[/quote]

Yep, Brought back some good memories, I almost got carried away. :p

Btw, Which emulator are you going to use ?

Trooper
[/quote]

Sorry, had to go to work!

I've been using the fzx and thegpzx32, or whatever it's called.

I stopped playing the spectrum in the mid eighties. Anyone know any later gems...?

Atic Atac is a great game, Almost identical to wizards lair, But Atic Atac is definately the better of the two imo.

Dizzy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Terra cresta
Into the eagles nest
Anarchy
Bumpy
Trantor
Rebel

Trooper

trooper posted on Feb 27 2005 at 03:34 AM said:
Atic Atac is a great game, Almost identical to wizards lair, But Atic Atac is definately the better of the two imo.

Dizzy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Terra cresta
Into the eagles nest
Anarchy
Bumpy
Trantor
Rebel

Trooper

Great, I'll try those, thanks to the excellent worldofspectrum site!!!

lubidog posted on Feb 26 2005 at 09:08 PM said:

I stopped playing the spectrum in the mid eighties. Anyone know any later gems...?

R-Type is an excellent shoot em up on the Speccy, great colours and gameplay. Probably need fzx32 to run it as i dont think Speccyall will.

Rainbow Islands is another excellent Speccy conversion.

Some of my favourite games are of course Manic Miner, Bombjack, Commando, Lightforce, Flying Shark and Turbo the Tortoise. (Bit like Super Mario Land on the Gameboy)

Tons of great Speccy games though at World of Spectrum

psj3809 posted on Mar 1 2005 at 03:53 PM said:
lubidog posted on Feb 26 2005 at 09:08 PM said:

R-Type is an excellent shoot em up on the Speccy, great colours and gameplay. Probably need fzx32 to run it as i dont think Speccyall will.

Rainbow Islands is another excellent Speccy conversion.

Some of my favourite games are of course Manic Miner, Bombjack, Commando, Lightforce, Flying Shark and Turbo the Tortoise. (Bit like Super Mario Land on the Gameboy)

Tons of great Speccy games though at World of Spectrum

Thanks, I'll try them! #

I agree, World of spectrum is an excellent site. What a machine the speccy was!

Ta

Back