hex editing windups

bradley

with all the recent talk of hex editing stuff to change clock speeds and directories just wondering would it be possible to change the colour depth with that method, if windups could be set to run in 16bit mode background images would look so much better no need to worry about converting every image to a limited pallet

Doubt it - I think that changing the colour depth would require a lot more than just editing a few bytes, as it's the way the memory is handled (bigger images etc) that has to be changed too. Shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong, but tyhat's what I think it is....

Correct Axeman, you'd need to rewrite a lot of code, it couldn't be done by hex editing.

Incidentally, I decided to have a look at my own programs in a hex editor, to see how much I understood... and found this:

<bh:00>In-Flight Nuts!<bh:00>Loop-the-loopy!<bh:00>Maniac!<bh:00>Terrorist<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:02><bh:04><bh:02>

*ahem*

what should i search for to edit the clock speed? Iv never fiddled with hex editing before and im not sure what to look 4. I managed to change to directory snes9x looks into tho!

Back