Hi Everybody!

jellmoo

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Greetings all,

I only recently learned about Pandora and have been very excited by what I have heard. I've been wanting to do some good old fashioned retro-gaming, and this little device seems like a perfect fit.

Now, I'm sure I don't have anywhere near the technical know-how of most of the community (only starting to learn Linux, and jailbreaking my iPod Touch was something of an accomplishment... sad, I know), but I hope you all don't mind having me along for the ride.

Thanks!

jellmoo

welcome to the community!!! Believe me, we're all very excited about the pandora, and hey, everyone's welcome, no matter how technically gifted you are!!!

Welcome! Everyone is indeed welcome, and we don't bite (much). Have you signed up to the mailing list at openpandora.org? Thats how you'll get notification of pre-orders.

(I really want to mention the jackets but I'm not sure it's fair...)

I just know I'm going to totally forget about pre ordering and miss out :wacko: Also, since this is american, will there be a version with a UK keyboard?

jellmoo said:
Greetings all,

I only recently learned about Pandora and have been very excited by what I have heard. I've been wanting to do some good old fashioned retro-gaming, and this little device seems like a perfect fit.

Now, I'm sure I don't have anywhere near the technical know-how of most of the community (only starting to learn Linux, and jailbreaking my iPod Touch was something of an accomplishment... sad, I know), but I hope you all don't mind having me along for the ride.

Thanks!

jellmoo
For retrogaming, there's always the already available gp2x or the upcoming wiz.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
callumshell1 said:
I just know I'm going to totally forget about pre ordering and miss out :wacko: Also, since this is american, will there be a version with a UK keyboard?
This is not American, but in keyboard threads people have put the $ as prominent. But there is no guarantee what the developers are going to put on the actual keyboard.
schnitzelboy said:
hey Tag i was about to say the jacket line but i tried to resist ;)
Low will power - I just couldn't resist it. :D

edit: typo

Last edited by a moderator:
As one of the many, many members who just browse on the forums and very rarely (if at all) post, I must say - The board's one of the best for introducing members.

I think this board is actually pretty unique in that it doesn't go out of its way to flame everyone that isn't a technical genius. That's why I've stayed here so long.

Thanks for the warm welcome all, I appreciate it. I had looked at the upcoming Wiz, but have been blown away by the potential of Pandora to be so much more.

With pre-orders coming up soon, I have a lot to learn in so little time! :D

jellmoo

Back