Hi Guys!

chr15b

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I've just ordered by GP2X, a friend at college had the GP32 and I thought it was pretty cool, I have about 40 of each Snes and Genesis roms I thought it would be cool to have them portable.

So.. am I gonna be impressed with this little device when it come in, what should I bang onto it first?

Chris

Are there any SNES emulators that run 100% ?

are you using firefox? If yes, i suggest using the RSS Feed from gp32x.de so you can see everyday easily what new stuff did come out :)

And you have to bump drmd and neocd (metalslug!) on it and all the great homebrews...

Last edited by a moderator:
Give it time, soon you will have the bounty of fullspeed Mega Drive/SNES emulation with sound - the holy grail of the GP32. For now, though, things are slow going but there's a lot of promising activity. Particularly with the aforementioned DrMD.

If you like Genesis games, you'll love DrMDx .. runs many, many games at full speed with sound.

Also top on my list is MAME ... also plays many, MANY games at full speed & sound.

Welcome :)

No you aren't going to be impressed. We are a community that thrives on boredom. :p

Nahh... There is a load of amazing stuff, you'll be astonished.
While unfortunately there is no fullspeed snes emulator, no doubt the will be soon enough.

Not oficially realeased?

I've already paid for it and expecting it in a couple of days?

I'm paitent enough, looks like a pretty funky device!

Not oficially realeased?

Pay no heed to any "officially released" comments.

It's released, but they've updated the firmware a few times, gained some improvements regarding battery life & LCD display, etc.

It's very easy to upgrade your firmware, so no worries :)

Not oficially realeased?

Pay no heed to any "officially released" comments.

It's released, but they've updated the firmware a few times, gained some improvements regarding battery life & LCD display, etc.

It's very easy to upgrade your firmware, so no worries :)

One of the reasons I bought it!

I have a CD full of N64 roms, can anyone see a N64 emulator running on the GP2X?

N64 will not happen. Do a search around .. it's been discussed.

Hi all,

I've just ordered by GP2X, a friend at college had the GP32 and I thought it was pretty cool, I have about 40 of each Snes and Genesis roms I thought it would be cool to have them portable.

So.. am I gonna be impressed with this little device when it come in, what should I bang onto it first?

Chris

Are there any SNES emulators that run 100% ?

Try DrMD that is pretty much full speed with sound.

SNES on the other hand, quite frankly sux. Don't even bother it is slow and choppy and that is with no sound. Add sound and you have a SNES slide show. SNES has always been just out of reach for these handhelds. I guess it is due to the complexity of SNES hardware.

Unless sounds isnt important, which it is to many. But without sound alot of SNES games run pretty well. We're all still hoping to see the sound support imporved eventually or see a better emulator than the current one.

Back