Hold Switch Doesn't Work?

On a whim, I tried putting it facing the inside of the system on the opposite side of the battery, for more of a see-saw effect of pushing the end of the battery with no contacts out such that the end of the battery with contacts would be pushed in - much like pushing up on one side of a see-saw will push the other end down.

To my surprise, doing it this way has been working for about 2-3 days now without resetting the battery or having any other issues since. If this is the problem, it seems like the battery might be moving back on the contact-less side, thus causing a periodic loss of connection on the side with the contacts.

I just hope that telling you all this doesn't jinx it and make it happen again.
This method worked for me too.

It is working flawlessly for more than a week now.

Thanks for the tip.

My pandora seems to be the same condition. Randomly, it turns on from completely shutdown status without any operation. As I can' t control the timing of power on, it consumes a lot of juice when I can't notice. Though I tried the folded paper tric reported in this thread, it was no meanings for mine. All I can do for this is to remove battery out when I don't use.

What should I do? Are there still anyone having the same problem?

As a temporary solution, I added a simple script to turn off automatically after boot up. Before turning off, it checks my key input. Only when I use my pandora, power off command is skipped by that key input. By this, my bad but lovely pandora is able to keep shutdown status for almost all time. Though it's better than before, I want a real solution for this problem.

I am with the same problem in my Pandora. Automatic power on. Sometimes 1 minute later , sometimes 1 hour later.. i tried the paper trick. It seems to delay a little the power on effect, but still power on.

I tried another battery.... no way.

I tried reflashing... no way.

I tried everything and the Pandora still with that syndrome : it will power one randomly by itself. It starts happening suddenly without reason after about 1 month of use.

Any ideas? Just to be sure, can anybody explain me the paper trick better?

Evil Dragon: do you have any idea, any script that make the Pandora ignore small voltage changes or automatic power On, or something? Is a little frustrating. :(

Don't know of any script.

If the Pandora is switched off and you shake it, does it switch on?

Don't know of any script.

If the Pandora is switched off and you shake it, does it switch on?

Mhhh.. no E.D. It seems to be not related with moves, pushing, position, etc in my case.

If i shake.. it doesn´t switch on.

If i push it (gentle) on the battery cover... it doesn´t switch on.

It switch on randomly . The only patron i see is:

a- usually switch on between 10 seconds to 1 minute after shut down or between 30 mins to 50 mins.

Never can keep off right now more than 1 hour.

Should i send it to you, right? Or you think there is something more to try?

The strange thing is that unit start doing that at a given moment , wen i got it was working fine. I take my time to install HOT FIX 5 on this unit... i am about to test what if i downgrade to HOT FIX 4, may this be related with latest firmware?

Let me know. I full trust you. Let me know if you think i can try another thing or if i must send it to you. May be it will be interesting for the team to see a unit with this problem to find the error, as long i am not the only one and nobody want to send the Pandora back, but i can no problem. :)

Thanks for your support.

Back