How About A Homebrew Bounty?

Hai thare!!

I cun makE hALO for GP3x and wORMS amagodin. you ned 2 send me paypal money tho since i am work for big time friend who ports console.

thanks.

ps: i als0 ned food stomps 4 pizza.
you think thats funny? <_<

Don't worry aapje89, he's a friend of mine - his way of conveying concern through bad humour ;)

Dzz, if this does happen and I end up taking on this project, would you be willing to take my contact details and confirm my identity by phone? It's just a security precaution that would give everyone some peace of mind.

I'd rather a more well known person from around here did it, anyone can "verify" themselves over the phone..and still run off with it later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really interested in something like this. In fact i have had something similar in my sig for a while now. I think the best idea i have seen so far is a "useful" media player although there are a bunch of good ideas. I can make a website (although not too flashy) to start support for a good media player. To be honest i dont know wen GPH plans on supporting all the formats they say they will and it would be sweet to play some ipod video files. Another good idea would be a powerful pdf viewer but only one bounty should be launched at a time. I guess the best first step would be to set up a poll to see wat most people prefer. As for the money, I know i trust myself with money, but nobody else can verify that ;) so we need some kind of system to "hold" the money as people donate it. I saw something about escrow?

Well, I was planning on adding a GUI to FFPlay soon (and adding the ARM optimisations), but as you're all starting donations, I may postpone it a bit ;)

Ok, how about this: I joint lead the project, but someone else - someone trusted by the community, can handle the donations and donation pledges? I would still do most of the work - organising the threads, reading the responses and sorting out where the real development interest is, and then the other project leader, or co-leader (whatever you want to call it ;) ) could look after the actual donations - I mean, it makes no difference to me, the money's only for one thing, so it doesn't really matter who looks after it, as long as they're trustworthy. The fine details of who does what can be discussed of course if someone takes interest, but that person would be in charge of looking after the donations and sending out the bounties when appropriate.

This project is going no where fast though if nobody steps up to help with the project.

Oh, and nice idea nickspoon, but this would apply to new projects only, not existing ones ;)

I think that's a good idea but as Dzz said: Start organizing and worry later about the money. Once this has proven to gather enough interest, someone trustworthy to do the job will probably be easy to find.

I think that's a good idea but as Dzz said: Start organizing and worry later about the money. Once this has proven to gather enough interest, someone trustworthy to do the job will probably be easy to find.

Yes - perhaps that would be best. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back