Was There A Bounty For A Good Gba Emu?

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Someone mentioned there was a bounty for a GBA emu on the GP2X. Would Exophase and I still be eligible? ;P
I don't know where the bounty is mentioned though, anyone have a link? It might be on the Wiki though I'm not sure.

Yeah, I remember I made some kind of pledge as long as a certain few conditions or playability were met (I mean, that is what a bounty is lol), though I'll probably donate to you regardless :D Great work, and I can't wait to see it progress.

zodttd posted on Dec 1 2006 at 04:31 PM said:
Someone mentioned there was a bounty for a GBA emu on the GP2X. Would Exophase and I still be eligible? ;P
I don't know where the bounty is mentioned though, anyone have a link? It might be on the Wiki though I'm not sure.

Here you are:

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GP2X_Bounties

Total: $105
iignotus: $30
Paradox: $30
Godmil: $10
Paulo Becker $25
NaCCuRiT $10

Hope you get it! From what I've read, your project seems to meet the requirements: "Should reach playable speed (about 30 FPS average) on less demanding games. Note: The deadline on this project will at least be a year!".

Last edited by a moderator:
Godmil donated already. He's in the clear. Heh! ;P
(Thanks Godmil!)

Well I personally think that there needs to be a little more done in order to fulfill the bounty, but that just makes me sound like an asshole so :lol: tough position I'm in xD

Thanks dgm!

iignotus: When I thought of doing this project, the first thing I did was consider "Sure it's possible to emulate, but can it make iignotus look like an ass?!"... :)

It's ok. I understand.

zodttd posted on Dec 1 2006 at 05:15 PM said:
iignotus: When I thought of doing this project, the first thing I did was consider "Sure it's possible to emulate, but can it make iignotus look like an ass?!"... :)
:lol: okay I'm donating just for that, to you and exophase. Haha, greatest developer ever B)

zodttd posted on Dec 1 2006 at 01:31 PM said:
I wasn't part of the original bounty, but I sure as hell can't let something like this go by without donating. Just sent $20 to both you and Exophase.

Can't wait until it's available! :D

The GP2X crowd passed the PSP crowd's donations in about 2 hours of the release. I think it was $25 from them so far.

zodttd posted on Dec 2 2006 at 08:11 PM said:
The GP2X crowd passed the PSP crowd's donations in about 2 hours of the release. I think it was $25 from them so far.
I single-handedly donated more than the entire PSP scene! I feel so awesome :lol:

zodttd posted on Dec 3 2006 at 01:11 AM said:

I will likely donate when it gets playable. Yes I am one of those assholes that only donate for an emu when it gets to the point where I would use it. I know you don't really agree with that, and I know you put alot of time into it but that is just how I do it, sorry.

I donated to vobbo before because I thought he was going to do a full PC-engine emu. Then after I donated he abandoned the emu leaving it with crap sound and I never use it. It was a waste to me. Since then I donate when a project gets to the point that if nothing was ever done further it would still be useable.

GPSP will hopefully get there and I will give something to both of you. Thanks for the work put in so far.

DaveC posted on Dec 3 2006 at 06:56 AM said:
I donated to vobbo before because I thought he was going to do a full PC-engine emu. Then after I donated he abandoned the emu leaving it with crap sound and I never use it. It was a waste to me. Since then I donate when a project gets to the point that if nothing was ever done further it would still be useable.

I know it's your opinion and that's fine, but vobbo's hu6280 is very, very usable. It's bloody brilliant, in fact, and I'm glad I donated to him. I donate (small amounts) to many devs, more for encouragement and a general "thanks", not as some sort of payment for usage (because I hardly get any time to play anyway).

I'm not criticising your own modus operandi, DaveC, just showing a different side.

Back